In the Loop
McDowell School News 9/23/16
EW Office - Curl
Kickball Field - RIchardson
PPU - Stitts
9/27/16 - Announcements @ 9:10 on channel 22.
9/29/16 - D. Rushwin's Shower @ Dani's Barn
10/2/16 - Run for the Schools
10/14/16 - Early Release for Students (11:45)
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK
9/27 - Christina Wooley
- SUNSHINE DUES are DUE! Wouldn't it be sad if we couldn't have a retirement party for our retirees? The Sunshine dues are also used for many other things during the year. Please see Dani if you have any questions.
- Have you turned in your SUB FOLDER? If not, please do so at your earliest convenience.
- Please have a walkie-talkie with you at all times when you are out of the building. Each pod should have a walkie-talkie in a designated room.
FALL ELA TESTING SCHEDULE
November 9 Part 1 9:15-10:45
· November 10 Part 2 9:15-10:45
· November 14, 15, 16 Make-ups
- All Test Administrators (TA) are required complete the TA certification each year. Please plan a time to do this with your PLC. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Please plan to review test navigation tools with your students during the month of October.
- See email from Kristen sent 9/16/2016 for links (Test Administrator Certification Course, Test Administrator Checklist, and Test Administrator Manual.)
MESSAGES FROM MARK
- In October, Hudson Community First will host the annual Take a Second Make a Difference month and luncheon to recognize community members who are making a significant difference in the life of a child. Download a nomination form at www.hudsoncommunityfirst.com. Ten recipients will be recognized at the Take a Second Make a Difference luncheon at the Country Club of Hudson. Please mail your nomination form to Community First, PO Box 515, Hudson, or return it to the Hudson Library in the teen room. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regarding Professional Development absences in Aesop, whether the PD is in district or outside, the location of the PD must be included in the "Notes to Administrator" section. For example, “Dibels training at Malson”, or, “Evaluation System overview at Summit County ESC”. A full address is not required.
The tech department is dedicated to efficiently assisting all staff members with their technology needs! If you have a technical question about equipment, hardware, or software, please contact the Help Desk at ext. 1400 or fill out a Help Desk ticket. Using the Help Desk ticket system ensures your technology question is routed to the correct person in the tech department who can provide you with the most timely support.
For any instructional technology support or professional development, please contact Kristin Dages (Media Coordinator) and Stephanie Sholtis (Technology Coordinator) at TLC@hudson.k12.oh.us. We would be happy to assist in your classroom and attend PLCs or other meetings.
In addition, Kristin and Stephanie will be posting weekly tech tips on Hudson's Teach.Learn.Collaborate (TLC) Blog (http://hudsontlc.blogspot.com/) and will also email staff weekly with information about the blog posts. Please be on the lookout for these weekly emails.
Hudson City Schools
330-653-1400 ext. 3540
One of the goals of the strategic plan and through other district initiatives, the district team has been working on developing a Master Facility Plan. A draft of the plan was presented to the Board of Education on Monday, September 12, as part of the educational focus section of the meeting. As part of the community engagement strategy, we need the staff’s feedback and input about the Facility Plan. There will be several focus groups, which include staff, students, community, parents, and community leaders. Please consider attending our voluntary building-level focus group. The focus group will be approximately 90 minutes.