TRIO SSS NEWS
Week of 11/16-11/20
There is SO much to be THANKFUL for!
LAST TWO WORKSHOPS THIS WEEK!!
Peer Mentors and TSA went to the Baylor Challenge Course last Friday
And then, mark your calendar for this...
Community Service at the Children's Methodist Home
College Tour to Stephen F. Austin
Friday, Nov. 20th, 7:15am
1936 North Street
Have you applied for the Foundation Scholarship yet? $$$ is ready to be awarded!!!
Instructions for applying:
1. Go to www.mclennan.edu/foundation/scholarships to access the Foundation website.
2. Follow the “Click Here” link at the top of the page to access the application.
3. Click the green log in button.
4. Sign in using your initials and your seven digit MCC ID number (i.e., xx0000000) and password. If you do not have an MCC ID number, go to http://www.mclennan.edu/admissions/become-a-student to apply.
5. Read instructions completely before beginning the application.
6. Upon completion, click the “Finish and Continue” button.
7. A page of recommended opportunities (scholarships) will show up on the next screen. Please note that by completing and submitting the general application, you will be considered for most scholarships. The “recommended” scholarships require 1-2 additional questions to be answered. If you feel that you meet the qualifications, answer the required questions and click the “Apply” button.
8. Please log back in to check that your references have been completed prior to the January 15, 2016 deadline. Click on the “References” tab at the top of the page. Status should be “Submitted.” If it is not, you can resend the request or list another reference in your application.
9. Please note that for your application to be considered, all references and required transcripts must be turned in prior to the deadline. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LOG IN TO ENSURE THAT ALL REFERENCES HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Shelley Cotten at the Foundation at 254-299-8818 or email@example.com.
TRANSFER THURSDAY this THURSDAY (11/19)
Come on by the LTC from 10am-1pm to talk to a recruiter and ask some questions about transferring!