ME by Ruben Nunez
Cuilnary, Chance, and more Culinary
Letters to a Young Chef by David Boulud
1. Letters to a Young Chef is a how-to guide of the things that a young chef needs to know to become successful.
2. This book fits with my identity because it has all the goals in it that I strive to achieve. Not only is the book written by a very successful restaurant owner, but he writes the book in a way that makes it easy to understand. Chef Boulud is the owner of Daniel, a very successful restraint in New York City, which is where I want to go to school.
3. Boulud, Daniel. Letters to a Young Chef. New York: Basic, 2003. Print.
The Culinary Institute of America is the premier culinary college in the United States. This image represents me very well because the school is in Hyde Park, NY; everybody knows that New York is one of the best places to be if you are an up and coming chef. If I'm lucky, I'll be attending the CIA a in June. Hyde Park will be part of me soon, and it will represent a big part of my future if I am to graduate from their. In New York, there will be many opportunities opened up to me, which will hopefully shape my future in a positive way.
The Culinary Institute of America Restaurants. N.d. Photograph. Hyde Park. The Culinary Institute of America Restaurants RSS. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.
1. Mr. Gladwell believes that where we come from and chance is what determines our success in life.
2. I believe that Mr. Gladwell's conclusion about what makes us successful is true, but I also think that the drive that the individual has will also take them a long way. For example, I wouldn't be nearly as knowledgeable of the culinary industry if I hadn't attended Byron Nelson High School and been part of the Academy of Culinary Arts and Hospitality; although I would like to believe that I would have read as many books as I could have and tried to find a good mentorship. Chance is not the only variable when it comes to the formula of success.
3. Leonhardt, David. "Chance and Circumstance." NY Times. N.p., 28 Nov. 2008. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.