Camp Pals(Down Syndrome)
Where all the kids with down syndrome come to have fun
Things that you may be interest in
* Eat healty breakfast,lunch and dinner everyday at camp
* Have fun actitives from 2pm-6pm with age group
* Bed time at 9:30pm
* Wake for breakfast at 10:00am
* Lunch at 4:30pm
* Dinner at 7:30pm
* From 8:00pm to 9:00pm play video & board games
* 9:00pm to 9:30 is bath time
For Mothers & Fathers
* Your child will be able to come home on the weekends.
* Our payment is $30 for three mouths & we do take cash or check
Information about children with Down Syndrome
* Chormosomes is the cause for down syndrome thread like structures with in each cell made up of genes. A body with down syndrome has an extra chromosomes (47 instead of 46) or on chromposomes has an extrapart it cause a problem with the way thier bodies develop. Health problems half the babies with down syndrome are born with heart defects heart developed differently & don't as they should. Problems can be corrected by surgery & some babies may have intestinal problems also require surgery to fix.
* Down syndrome are more likely to get infetions that affect their lungs and breathing they do get infections, they often last longer may have eye or ear problems or digestion problems likeconstipation may develop leukemia, a type of cancer. Each person with down syndromeis different & may have one, several, or all of these problems. Kids with down syndrometend to grow and develop more slowly than other babies special help, such as physical therapy & speech therapy, can give kids a boost with their walking & talking skills.