Come to the clash culture and beauty of Thailand
Thailand and Asia
The three seasons
- November to February includes dry, warm climate, with cool blowing wind. The average wind blows up to 2 meters per sec., making it the best time to come for vacation.
- March-June Thailand experiences the hot season; including high humidity, and some harsh heat. The average humidity is up to 75-80% all year Mar.-June it is at it's highest.
- July- October Thailand experiences Heavy rain, cool, but still sunny outside. Rain fall can go up to an average of 10 days making it very cool outside.
Religion in Thailand has 93.6% of the citizens Buddhist, 4.9% Muslim, 1.2% christian, and 0.3% other.
- Do not cross your less in the presences of a monk.
- Do not eat rice with a fork, you may eat it with a spoon.
- Do not show to much affection in public.
- Do not touch someones head or ruffle their hair ( The head is the highest part of the body and the feet the lowest, so touching there head is forbidden.
- Do not disrespect the royal family.
The Royal Family ( monarchy in Thailand ).
Queen: Mom Rajawongse Sirikit Kitigakara ( Her majesty Queen Regent Sirikit).
They have four children:
- Princess Ubolratana Rajakahy (April, 5, 1951)
- prince Maha Vajiralonkorn (july, 28,1952)
- Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (April, 2, 1955)
- Princess Chulabhorn Walailak (july, 9, 1957)
Folkways or Norms
- In Thailand; children are taught to honor their parents.
- Greetings are done with a pray and bow formation called " Wai".
- Family is very important in Thailand, and staying close.
- Removing your shoes before entering a shop or home (It is considered rude not too).
There are many different languages spoken in Thailand do to the culture clash; for example Chinese, Lao, Malay, Mon-Khmer, and even English.
With the impact of other cultures in Thailand, there have been evidence of culture diffusion; including McDonalds, food, and fashion are just few excamples that have changed the ways inThailand.
Due to this people in Thailand buy clothes instead of the tradional way of making them.
Women in the past would have long hair down to there knees, and weren't aloud to be educated; instead they would stay home and take care of there families. Unlike to day where they have a choice on how they want to look and if to stay home or work. And with that men today have fewer wives then in the past when they could have several.