The Lion's Roar
What Is Happening At Lee School? 10.27.22
Dates To Remember!
Friday, Oct 28th: Kindergarten Field Trip
Friday, Oct 28th: Family Pumpkin Carving Night, 6:00pm
Monday, Oct 31st: Classroom Halloween/Fall Parties, 1:00-2:00
Tues, Nov 1st & Wed, Nov 2nd: Día de Muertos Celebration
Thurs, Nov 3rd: PTO Dining For Dollars @ Backstop, All Day
Friday, Nov 11th: Veterans Day, No School
Thurs, Nov 17th: PTO Meeting, 6:30pm
Wed, Nov 23rd-Fri, Nov 25th: Thanksgiving Break, No School
We Are MAP Testing!
This week and next all 1st-6th grade students will participate in MAP, or the Measure of Academic Progress, testing. This is an adaptive test which helps teachers improve learning for all students and assist them in making informed decisions that promote a child's individual academic growth. This week we are taking the reading test and next week we will take the math test. If you have questions, please contact your students teacher.
Dia de los muertos/Day of the Dead Celebration
Throughout this week and next students will be learning about Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. It is a lively Mexican celebration traditionally celebrated on November 1st and 2nd. This holiday is a joyful time to remember the deceased and celebrate their memory. Students will learn about the customs and traditions that are incorporated in this festival.
Check out the information below regarding a Dia de los Muertos celebration sponsored by Todos Juntos and The Canby Public Library.
Focusing on Friendships!
The upcoming month we will be focusing on building our Friendship Skills! Mrs. Nicholas will be visiting classrooms to share information on building strong friendships and teachers will follow up throughout the month supporting that focus.
Friendships benefit children by creating a sense of belonging and security and reducing stress. Child psychologists find early childhood friendships contribute to children's quality of life and ability to adjust to changes within their environments as well. Here are a few ways you can help kids develop positive friendships at home:
- Model friendship skills;
- Encourage friendships that are important to your child;
- Understand your child's unique personality and needs; and
- Listen and help them navigate friendships!
Pumpkin Carving Family Night!
Please join us on Friday, October 28th at 6pm for a fun filled time of pumpkin carving and visiting with other Lee Lion Families!
· Bring your pumpkin already cleaned out and ready to go! Please bring carving tools/kits with you! No kitchen or large knives please! We will have a limited number of kits available to use.
· Other activities include face painting, temporary tattoos, games, coloring pages and estimation jars!
· Voting begins at 7:00 pm and winners will be announced at 7:15 pm. Categories include silliest, scariest and most creative!
· We will have a limited number of pumpkins available for those unable to bring their own. These will be distributed on a first come basis! Some refreshments available.
We need your help to make this event a blast! Please sign up for one or more shifts on the link below! Thank you so much!
PTO Dining For Dollars at Backstop Nov 3rd!
As we get into cold and flu season, please remember to review our district and school health 'Stay Home Guidelines'. If you are wondering about whether your child should stay home, please contact the office with questions. Thank you for your help in keeping all of our students, staff and families healthy!