Mrs. Violett's 1st grade
News and info for our room and school April 11-15
Our week to come...
• I can identify who is telling the story at various points in the text.
Spelling: Will be updated on Monday 4/11/16
Writing: How To...
• I can identify an informative/explanatory text.
• I can select a topic for an informative/explanatory writing.
Math: Measurement and Graphing
- I can put 3 objects in order by length.
- I can compare the length of three objects.
- I can compare the lengths of two objects by using a third object to compare them.
- I can identify different methods to organize data (e.g. tally chart, sorting, classifying, categorizing).
- I can identify different methods to represent data (e.g. tally chart, sorting, classifying, categorizing).
- I can organize data with up to three
Follow us on Twitter:
Still in need!!! If possible, our class needs a few donations. Please feel free to send any of the following:
Newspapers play dough small chalk boards paper (not foam) plates
Junk mail stamp pads etch a sketch yarn
Magazines personal cd players letter beads take out menus
Tape players glitter glue paint sample cards old cookbooksAds post cards funny/cute pictures of abstract
Specials for the week:
Monday: Technology and Health
Tuesday: Art and Library
Wednesday: Music and PE
Thursday: Technology and Guidance
Friday: art and Library
Dates to remember: April
12- Family Night at PAC 6-7pm; PTA Mtg 7pm in Ellis library
15- Dads on Duty
18- MAP testing begins; 3 week duration
22- 4th Qtr midterm
26- Midterms go home