National Nutrition Month
Sugar and the Gut
How to Avoid Excess Sugar
- Eat more vegetables. Vegetables have very little sugar and help clean out the gut as they move through the digestion process.
- Drink water. Water is not only vital for our bodies to function properly, but it contains no sugar. If you swap all your sugary beverages (soda, juice, energy drinks, etc.) with water, you will avoid a large amount of excess sugar.
- Swap dessert. By switching out your sugary dessert with a delicious bowl of fruit. You will not only decrease the amount of sugar you're consuming but you will also be giving your body nutrients in addition to satisfying your sweet tooth!
- Clean out the cupboards. When trying to avoid sugar, it can be hard to accomplish with your pantry filled with sugary, processed foods. Cleaning out your cupboards will help you avoid being tempted.
Why a month? Sugar promotes more sugar cravings. It takes about three to four weeks for your brain and body to eliminate cravings for sweets, and begin craving healthier foods that satisfy more of your actual nutritional needs. Try it and let us know if you were able to reduce your sugar cravings!
Register NOW! 30 day Inner Dimension Challenge
Smola Consulting is hosting a 30-Day Inner Dimension Yoga & Mindfulness Challenge! Please email email@example.com if you would like to join the challenge.
- We have extended registration through March 6th!
- The challenge begins on Monday, February 28th, and ends on March 30th but will extend for later registrants to April 8th.
- You will have unlimited access to Inner Dimension TV for 30 days
- Below is the challenge calendar that you can submit to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 11th for prize eligibility (must complete 20 classes within 30 days to be eligible for prizes)
Challenge Tips & Tricks:
Speaker Series Recording
Winner of Heart Health Quiz
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the Heart Health Quiz in the February Positive Pulse! The winner of the $25 Starbucks gift card is Phyllis Anderson. Please email Lexi at email@example.com to arrange gift card pick up/drop off.
Stay tuned for more opportunities to win in future newsletters!