Archie R. Cole Middle School
Upcoming Week Notes: June 15 - June 19, 2015
This Week at Cole
8:00-2:00: RtI/Data Team
1:00-2:00: Autism Project Professional Learning
2:15: Advisory Committee meeting
6:30: Sport's Awards
12:00-1:00: Riptide in cafetorium
7:40-8:04: Cyclone in cafetorium
2:15: Cole Leadership Team meeting
7:40-8:15 - graduation line-up
8:00-1:30: Cyclone/Northstar Fieldtrip
8:00-3:30: Lightning/Avalanche Brownstone Trip
7:40-10:00: Cyclone/Northstar in cafetorium
12:00: Graduation rehearsal
7:00-9:30: 8th Grade Dance
10:00am: 6th/7th grade dismissal
10:30: 8th graders arrive
- Important... Yearbooks. 8th graders got their yearbooks on Friday when the returned from Class Day. I sent all 8th grade students an email reminding them of the expectations regarding behavior around writing in yearbooks. Any unkind, inappropriate etc.. and they will be expected to pay for a replacement. I will remind all students in the morning via the morning announcements.
- Great job Jody and Brandon with the 2015 Talent Show!!
- Well done, Meg with the NJHS Induction Ceremony. Thanks to the faculty selection committee - Brandon, Steph, Katie C., and Kelley B and to Elaine for helping with all the application materials. Thanks to our poet laureate, Dr. Mercurio for his poetic remarks.
- Thanks to all the Lake Compounce chaperones and to Gloria for helping with all the paperwork. It was a great day for the kids!!
- Speaking of chaperones... Let us know if you want to help out with the dance Friday night.
- If you didn't have a moment last week - this is worth the read. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2013/05/22/what-has-changed-is-that-it-is-harder-for-us-to-be-nice-to-kids-departing-veteran-principal/
- 60 Smarter Ways to Use Google Classroom: http://www.teachthought.com/technology/60-smarter-ways-to-use-google-classroom/
- Have a great week!