Compare and Contrast
Aluminum is the most abundant of the three metallic elements which constitutes for about 8.1% of the Earth's crust, while Tin is at 0.00099% and Lead only 0.00022%.
Acceptable limits in Canadian drinking water:
- Tin - 1 - 2 ppm
- Aluminum - 0.05 - 0.2 ppm
- Lead - 0.010 ppm
HOW are we exposed to these pollutants??
What can YOU do!?
- Remove LEAD based items from your home like piping, paints, toys and blinds
- Mitigate LEAD contamination in soil and water
- Use less TIN foil
- Avoid use of agricultural pesticides, and plastic industries for less TIN exposure
- Reduce use of ALUMINUM cans and replace with stainless steel
- Avoid ALUMINUM cook wear and replace with cast iron, glass, or wax paper