Dear Adelante Selby families,
I am excited to use this platform to regularly communicate with you.
Amazingly, we are coming to the end of the first Trimester of school. A lot of great teaching and learning is happening as students continue to develop their bilingual skills on a daily basis. We've also enjoyed several community building events. I am very proud of the staff and parent community for coming together so well!
In the next few weeks, teachers will be sending home information for parent teacher conferences for November 25th and 26th. Homeroom teachers will go over the academic and social progress of their students using the district report card at conference time. Please pay particular attention to your child's progress in reading as it is key to their success in school. You can help with reading comprehension at home by making sure your child is reading 25-30 minutes nightly, completing the Reading Log, and asking them questions about the reading, e.g., where the story takes place, describe the main character, what was the problem in the story and how was it resolved? You may ask the questions in English if you do not speak Spanish as the skills transfer in both English and Spanish.
We have established a school wide goal to improve student attendance this year. Every minute and day of instruction with your child counts! As a reminder, please send your child to school every day and on time. School starts:
- 8:05am for 4th- 5th grades
- 8:15am for 1st-3rd grades
- 8:15 for Early start K
- 9:15am for Late Start K.
Trunk or Treat 2019
Día de los Muertos 2019
SEAL Strategies in the Classroom!
- 11/5 Unidos PTO meeting, 6:00pm, Library
- 11/8: Principal's Coffee , 8:30am Library
- 11/11: Veteran's Day(No School)
- 11/13: School Site Council Meeting, 3:00pm, Library
- 11/14: Food Distribution, 3:30-5:30 pm, Cafeteria
- 11/15: Walkathon
- 11/18: Reclassification Ceremony, 5:30 pm, MIT Auditorium, McKinley Campus
- 11/22: Early Dismissal, 1:25pm
- 11/25, 11/26: Parent Teacher Conferences--No School
- 11/27-11/29: Thanksgiving Holiday-No School
- 12/2: ELAC 8:45 Room 204
- 12/2: Danny G Dance Performances at Carrington Hall, Sequoia High School
- 12/3: PTO/Unidos meeting, 6:00pm, Library
- 12/11: School Site Council 3:00pm, Library
- 12/13-12/14: Seussical the Musical at MIT Auditorium, McKinley campus
- 12/20-1/7: Winter Break, No School