May 3rd 2021
ALL BARRY FAMILIES
Character Strong - Family Dares
Consider joining our 8th graders next week in their weekly Character Dare: Let It Go.
This dare challenges us in the area of selflessness. Take the opportunity as a family to identify things in your home that you haven't been using. Consider donating these items to someone who could make use of them.
Character Strong Student Recognition
The following students selected were:
PTSA Freddy's Family Night on Monday!
Yearbooks are here and we are planning to hand them out for signing parties on the last day of school. If you already ordered one, you will get it on May 26th.
If you didn't order your yearbook yet, you can still pre-order by bringing $20 to the office to reserve one. We have LOTS of extras, but if we run out, your money will be returned.
PTSA School Dance Interest (Repeat)
Please use this link to indicate whether you anticipate your student attending or not. If you have multiple students at Barry, please fill it out for each student.
The data will guide us in knowing whether we can create an all school (5th-8th grade) experience or if we will need to segment it into smaller groups.
Online Re-enrollment/Proof of Residency for Existing Students; Planning Survey for 2021-22 (Repeat)
Resident parents of existing K-11th grade students are asked to complete online re-enrollment forms and electronic proof of residency, as well as a brief planning survey for the 2021-22 school year.
- Please log on to Parent Portal to complete the re-enrollment process by May 14, 2021. Click here for a step-by-step guide with screenshots.
- In preparation for the 2021-22 school year, we are gauging our family's comfort level with a complete return to full in-person instruction. Please complete the e-form planning survey on Parent Portal by May 14, 2021.
- Please visit the Proof of Residency page for guidance on the electronic process and complete by July 16, 2021. Click here for instructions.
PTSA Officers Needed for 21-22 School Year (Repeat)
We have some wonderful options for you! The Barry PTSA will be electing new officers for the 2021-22 school year in the month of March, so we are in need of interested volunteers to serve in those roles.
Please send us an email to answer any questions you may have. firstname.lastname@example.org
5TH GRADE FAMILIES
5th Grade MAP Testing Reminder
MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES (6TH-8TH GRADE)
6th and 7th MAP Testing Next Week
- Please ensure they bring wired headphones for testing if they have them. If they do not, we will provide a temporary pair for them.
- If your student has a cell phone or smart watch, we kindly ask that you consider asking them to keep them at home on these days. If these devices are present during testing, it could cause an invalidation for students' scores in that testing room. If students do bring them to school, we will collect them during testing and return them afterwards.
- Testing will take place between 8 am - 12 pm on Wednesday 5/5 and between 12:30 pm - 2:40 pm on Thursday 5/6.
- Testing will take place between 12:30 pm - 2:40 pm on Wednesday 5/5 and between 8 am - 12 pm on Thursday 5/6.
8th Grade Tours of PCHS
8th Grade End of the Year Celebration
8th Grade Awards Night - Tuesday, May 25th
On Monday, May 3rd, students receiving recognition or an award will be invited to attend this event. Our front office will call their families to inform them. They will be allowed two visitors to ensure we can maintain social distancing in the gym for this ceremony. Students that have been selected for various honors were nominated by peer students and/or teachers, while others were purely quantitative measures (GPA, attendance, etc.).
8th Grade Celebration
8th grade students were surveyed how they would like to spend their final day at Barry. From that data, staff has planned a fun day for our 8th graders that aligns to their desires. This includes breakfast, yearbook signing, 8th grade t-shirts, food trucks, and play time at the Y fields and the park.
Color Guard Tryouts for Rising Freshmen
Rising 8th Graders - Required Vaccinations (Repeat)
The state of Missouri requires that all incoming 8th-grade students be vaccinated for Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) and MCV (meningococcal) prior to starting their 8th grade school year.
All 8th grade students who cannot provide proof of having the Tdap and MCV being given will not be able to start the 2021-2022 school year. Students will NOT receive their schedules at back-to-school events and will NOT be able to start on the first day of school next year until proof of the vaccines being given is provided.
Please reach out to our school nurse with any questions (email@example.com).
THE SOCIAL WORK SCOOP
Treasure Chest (Repeat)
The Treasure Chest is our school district resource center. It is a stocked pantry providing food, clothing, toiletries, and other household supplies. All items in the Treasure Chest are free to PCR-3 students and families who participate in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program. The Treasure Chest is open for shopping every week of the calendar year on Wednesday evenings from 4pm-6pm. Families must register at the following link or call 816.858.7001 weekly so we can appropriately plan for resources. Once approved, families can drive through at the original Treasure Chest site (in the north parking lot of PCHS). Identification must be provided in order to receive food.
Register weekly here:
If you need to complete a new lunch application for the 2020/2021 school year, please follow this link: