Bluebonnet Library Workshops
Available for Monday & Friday for classes or small groups
Genius Hour Exploration
- Give your students a chance to learn something that excites them.
- Sign up for your Genius Hour time on the Library Flex Schedule Calendar (2 Classes/session max)
- Come with your class or use this time for your own learning.
- Available during the following times. Fourth Grade - November 18; Third Grade - Jan 6; Second Grade - February 24; First Grade- April 7 (Unless April 14 is a make up day); Kindergarten - June 2 (Subject to change)
Sample of activities
Augmented Reality (AR)
Lego Story Starter
Stop Motion Movie
Your own Proposal
Still can't decide if you want to send your class? Check out Genius Hour below
Google Drive: The Force for iPads & Chromebooks
Security Briefing - How to log off and iPad & iPad Tips & Tricks
Jedi Training Mission A - Upload
Jedi Training Mission B- Share
Mission 1 - Research (Google Docs)
Mission 2 - Collaborate (Google Slides)
Mission 3 - Feedback (Google Forms)
Mission 4 - Excel" (Google Sheets)
Mission 5 - Creativity (Google Draw)
Mission 6 - Unify (Google Folders)
This is broken into 30 - 45 min workshops. For both Students and Teachers. I will come to your planning meetings to conduct these workshops.
Sketchnotes with The Hallo-Weiner
Join me for a library writing workshop Friday or Monday. We will use sketchnotes to learn how to write. We will use Dav Pilkey's book, The Hallo-Weiner. This is a great story for this time of year and it helps students appreciate each other's abilities.
Length (45-60 min)
Image credit: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://t3.gstatic.com/images%3Fq%3Dtbn:ANd9GcRWuugcm2uxBLzqPqTU-N0vnBxocGLfBEJFKtqYSqY8Bazgn1mM&imgrefurl=http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Hallo_Wiener.html%3Fid%3D5XEkDAAAQBAJ%26source%3Dkp_cover&h=912&w=1080&tbnid=I0b8N9-GfWN8lM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=189&docid=zpkDzkQsOUWxPM&itg=1&usg=__ZxystQ9B6EO1WlMpNpDpCpCi5Aw=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq1LfIuufPAhXk5oMKHe0GBqcQ_B0IhQEwDw
Hexagonal Writing with the Fantastic Flying Books for Mr. Morris Lessmore
Join me in the library for a writer's workshop using the book The Fantastic Flying book of Mr. Morris Lessmore. If you are not familiar with the book, watch the following clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3CMri3hOs
We will use Hexagonal Writing. Younger classes will do this as a whole class activity. There is also a short film and iPad app that will enrich the story.
Length ( 45-60)
Global Read Aloud Connections - BFG
I would love to be able to make global connections with your classes. Please let me know when a good to connect with another classroom around the world. We can schedule a time on Friday or Monday and I will try to reach a classroom around the world that can meet with us.
Length (30 - 45 min)
iPads- Great Production Tools
Students can learn apps such as
- Popplet lite - Graphic Organizer (iPad only)
- Google Drive Suites - Create and upload from iPad (iPad and Chromebook)
- iMovie -Movie Making, (iPad only)
- Padlet - Collaborative tool (iPad and Chromebook)
- Skitch - Mark up tool (iPad only)
- PicCollage for kids- (iPad only)
Google Drive Applications
Images - Public Domain