April 24, 2022
Happy Sunday Harrington Families
I hope all families had a nice vacation week. It was a well deserved break for all students and staff! It was a nice week to spend time with family, relax and see friends. For those that were able to travel, I hope that you had good weather and enjoyed your time away. It is crazy to think that we are one week away from May. April vacation until the end of the year always goes by in a blink of an eye. There are many activities planned for the next month and half of school and before we know it this school year will be over. In future weeks, please look out for information regarding end of the year events such as field day.
This week we have the Scholastic book fair (see the PTO message below for more details) during library classes and MCAS make-up. For those 3rd and 4th graders who missed one or both days prior to vacation, make-up will occur on Monday, April 25th. For any students who missed both days they will also be doing make-up on Tuesday, April 26th. If your student missed either of the two days of MCAS for their grade please make sure they are aware that they will be taking the test tomorrow at school.
The shade structure had the shade finally installed over vacation week. This will provide a much needed shady spot for our playground. Up until this point there was no place for students to find relief from the sun on warm days. When you have a chance swing by the playground to check it.
As a standard message, your support at home is recognized, valued, and appreciated by not only us, but by your child(ren).
- Remind your child every day to be kind. We are all capable of being kind regardless of our individual differences. Promoting a kind environment is important throughout a child’s day both at school and at home.
- Communicate the importance of education to your children. Each child should find time to read at home every day for enjoyment. Engage in dialogue about your child’s school day by asking open-ended questions.
- Encourage play and physical activity. Limit television during the school week and keep your children away from electronics and social media for entertainment purposes.
- Focus your encouragement on the process of hard work and effort, rather than the end result. We want students to learn to work hard and try their best always.
- Establish good routines at home that involve a consistent bedtime. A well-rested child is a happier, more successful child.
- We are a team and partners in your child’s success here at school. Communicate with us often.
Once again, remember to…"Push through your day, Smile, Be Happy, Stay Positive!"
Be safe! Stay well!
Rob & Karen
Let's Stay Connected!
What could be a better way to come back to school after April Break than to come back to a Scholastic Book Fair? This week the students will have the opportunity to shop the in person pop up shop during their Library class time. You can send in cash or create a secure ewallet for your student here. If you prefer you can also shop online! https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=charlesharringtonelemsch We will also be hosting evening hours where you can come shop on Wednesday 4/27 6-8pm.
Brickhouse Center has also offered to enhance the fun of the Wednesday evening shopping by offering a Dine to Donate for us, so make a night of it! Please note that it is only offered by Brickhouse Center and not the location in North Chelmsford. 30% of all dine in and take out for the day will be donated to HPTO when you mention the Dine to Donate between 8am- 9pm!
We continue to post winners of our April Calendar Raffle on our Facebook page. We still have another week of winners to post, so keep an eye out!