- Coal is one of the most abundant sources of energy, more so than oil and natural gas.
- Coal is inexpensive when compared to other fossil fuels or alternative energy sources
- Coal is versatile enough to be used for recreational activities such as BBQ's or simply for home fires.
- Burning coal emits harmful waste such as carbon dioxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sulphuric acids, arsenic and ash. ...
- The burning of coal by large-scale factories to power industry has led to acid rain in some regions.
- The mining industry can cause health difficulties for miners and fatalities due to the potentially dangerous nature of the work.
Coal Country | Energy Consumption Numbers | GOOD