World War 2
In August 1945 World War 2 ended when the United States dropped bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Weather: The weather is mostly hot during the months of March through May. The coolest weather is from the end of November to the beginning of March. The extremely hot weather when it is dry , dusty, and unpleasant is between March and June. Monsoon rains occur in most regions during the summer between June and early October.
Capital City: New Delhi
Hinduism: About 82%
Islam: About 12%
Christianity: About 2.5%
Sikhism: About 2%
Buddhism: About 0.7%
Jainism: About 0.5%
Zoroastrianism: About 0.01%
* Area 79 Music Festival
* Durga Puja 2012
* Dussehra Festival India
* Gandhi Jayanti
* Indian Grand Prix
* Marwar Festival, Jodhpur
* Phoolwalon Ki Sair
* NH7 Weekender
Holidays: Independence Day, Republic Day, as well as Gandhi Jayanti (October 2).
Language: There are many spoken languages in India. Tamil and Sanskrit are the classical languages.
Bengal Tiger: India's National Animal
Peacock: India's National Bird
Mango: India's National Fruit
A Few Interesting Facts About India:
* India has the largest rate for murders (32,719).
* India is the 6th largest country
* India has one of the largest abortion rates
* India has 150,000 post offices
* India is about 1/3 the size of the United States
* India has the world's largest movie industry
* Chess was invented in India
* The number system was invented in India