Sharing the Good News about St. Peter Claver Catholic School
August 28, 2022
This week, students in grades 2-8 will take the Language MAP Growth Assessment on Tuesday. Continue to encourage your scholar to do their very best! Teachers will receive training on how to analyze the data, set classroom goals, and create an action plan to accelerate student growth in reading and math during the Data Day professional development this Friday, September 2nd and there is no school for students. Our Academic Excellence goal for this year is that SPCCS students will exceed the yearly growth projections (110%) in both Math and Reading using MAP results from fall to spring. Our teachers and staff are committed to achieving excellence in the classroom to reach this goal. We expect our students to ROAR: Be Respectful, Be On task, Be Accountable, and Be Ready!
As you know, we have enhanced the school uniform dress code. Students look sharp and ready to learn! I understand some uniform items have been on back order and recently, they are back in stock. Students should be in the required dress code by September 12. Feel free to email me directly at email@example.com if you have any uniform concerns.
Thank you for entrusting your chid(ren) in our care; it is an honor to serve this wonderful school community.
Have a blessed week!
Dr. LaTonya White
FAMILY INVOLVEMENT REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for returning your Family Involvement Form! If you have not returned your form as of yet, please return it to your child's teacher this week. Click the links below to get started with volunteer requirements.
Fingerprinting-based background screening: https://www.dosp.org/safe-environment/fingerprint-based-background-screening/
Safe Environment Training Program: https://www.dosp.org/safe-environment/sep-certification/
Parent Mass on August 31
**Students will sit with their classes as usual and parents will sit behind classes in the open pews.
On the beat!
Students in grades 5/6 pose for a photo before drumming in Music class!
"Sanctuary of faith...."
Fr. Agustinus, Deacon Ben Hooks and altar servers prepare to celebrate the school Mass.
Preschool students and teacher, Mrs. Maria Klotz get ready for fun in PE with Coach Gabe.
1ST SCHOLARSHIP DISTRIBUTION APPROVAL
- Login to your Step Up account
- Click "Check the Status of an Application"
- Click the link found within the red text to review the student's payment.
- Review, complete and submit the electronic form.
Please contact us in the School Office if you need assistance.
School Uniform Clarifications
- The gray polo shirts are only for Middle School students in grades 5-8.
- All black or all white sneakers.
- PE uniforms should be worn to school on the scheduled PE day only.
- All students wear the light blue polo shirt with appropriate uniform bottoms on Wednesdays for Mass; unless PE is scheduled. All polo shirts must have the official school logo and should only be purchased from Risse Brothers.
- Please review the Uniform Guidelines for girls and boys below.
Click here for the uniform requirements for girls in Preschool through 8th Grade.
Click here to see the uniform requirements for boys in Preschool through 8th Grade.