Bowman Eagle Gazette
September 6, 2019
The Thea Bowman Leadership Academy Elementary Staff
First Day of School Memories
Calling all 5th & 6th Grade Girls!!
Are you interested in playing girls basketball? Then meet at the Middle/High campus (3401 W. 5th Ave.) on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 4:00 pm, for a Parent/Scholar meeting.
Beginning September 3, 2019, ALL scholars are expected to be in the correct uniform from head to toe.
- A BELT MUST be worn with pants and shorts that have belt looks.
- Solid black, solid white or a combination of black and white shoes may be worn. No additional colors including the sole, logos, symbols and writing.
- For gym, jogging pants and shorts must be loose fitting-NO leggings, jeggings, fitted yoga pants, compression pants, etc.
Any scholars in violation of the uniform policy will be sent to the Dean's office and a parent will be contacted. Consistent violation of the policy will result in a discipline referral.
Morning Arrival Procedure
The safety of our scholars is our number one priority. Here are a few things to remember during your drop off experience:
- The drop off lane is the right-hand lane in front of the Polk street doors. The left-hand lane is the passing lane.
- Scholars are to exit from the RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE ONLY!!
- Parents, please do not park or exit vehicles in the drop off lane.
- Once scholars exit the vehicle safely, carefully merge into the passing lane by following the crossing guard's directions.
- If you need to park, please pull in front of the "DROP OFF ONLY" sign or the parking lot.
One of our male staff members will be there to greet you and your scholar with a smile!
We thank you all in advance for your cooperation!