Week of Sept. 19-23
Mrs. E's Class @ UH
Hello and welcome to Week 1.5!
Wow, last week was a wild one! We had so much fun participating in College Week and learning about different colleges! I had a blast doing the STEM Challenge on Friday...thank you to all who came and helped out! I hope you had fun too. :)
Also, a HUGE thank you for helping to make my birthday so fun and so special! I have never had such a wonderful and fun birthday on a school day! :) Thank you again to all who organized and contributed. I so appreciate you!
I have added another tab to my Weebly website that gives information on Scholastic Books and how you can order books for your student! Click HERE to check it out!
WHAT WE'RE LEARNING THIS WEEK
- Reading: Elements of folktales, building stamina in Read to Self and Work on Writing (Our campus is a Balanced Literacy campus, so we will be doing the Daily 5. You can find some great information on this program by clicking HERE), choosing our Daily 5 activity, and Finishing up DRA
- Writing: Writing brief comments on texts (Reader's Response)
- Phonics: "-ug" and "-ump" words (We are doing the Phonics Dance program at UH, and loving it so far! Ask your kiddos about our Phonics Dance song, they have learned a lot so far! You can find more information by clicking HERE)
- Grammar: Identifying the 4 types of sentences
- Spelling Words: dug, shrug, plug, smug, jump, plump, stump, clump, what, where, the, live
- Sentence: Where can we eat?
- Homework: Any "Correct and Return" work, Reading Book Log, and extra Spelling practice (please check my Weebly for more info on homework!)
**Check out this website for a list of fun ways to practice spelling words!**
*The building opens up at 7:15 every morning - please enter through the front and back doors only.
*Students need to go straight to the cafeteria when they arrive, and I will be there at 7:35 to walk them to class.
*Please call the school by 2:00 to inform us of any dismissal transportation changes.
*If you have not yet joined our Remind messaging system, please do so! It is free and super easy to use. It's like texting, but it goes through an app. You can receive updates by text, app notifications, or the website. I promise I won't blow up your phone, but it is a great way to get reminders and to stay in touch!
*Tuesday, 9/20, starts our Fundraiser! We will have a kick-off assembly at 1:30 and more information will be coming home soon.
*Friday, 9/23, is Mrs. Stewart's birthday! This is also Frenship Homecoming!
*Next Wednesday, 9/28, will be our Unit 1 ELAR Test. We have been working really hard to get ready for this first test!