Indian Crest Monthly Newsletter
What's Happening at IC...
Team Townhall Meetings
Throughout the course of February each Team attended a Townhall meeting to discuss a variety of topics. Townhall meetings give each Team an opportunity to discuss what's going well and areas to improve. Students have the opportunity to participate in the discussion with teachers and administrators. Some topics that were highlighted were Doing our Best in School, Behavioral Expectations, Being Kind and eliminating negativity. This was a great reset for the second half of the year.
We celebrate Kindness Week in February each year coinciding with National Random Acts of Kindness Day. At Indian Crest we encourage kindness throughout the year and use this week to highlight kind ways we can interact. We had a little competition to earn links of kindness and the 6th grade class won! All 6th graders received an ice cream treat in lunch.
Reminders for all students:
Computers should be charged each night so students can fully participate in class.
Cell phones are off as students enter the building until 2:45. If students need to get in touch with their parents they can visit the office.
Students need to be in Focus by 7:40AM to start the day. Please allow enough time for students to walk into the building and get to their classroom.
Students visit IC Science Fair
100 Box Challenge!! We will kick off the 100 Box Challenge on March 1st. Our goal will be to fill 100 boxes with food to support The Bean Bag Program. The Bean Bag Program supports Souderton families with food insecurity.
Harlem Wizards vs. SASD Dream Team
Souderton Area High School
March 24th, 2023 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The game begins at 07:00 PM and the doors will open at 06:00 PM.
++This is not a drop off event, students must be accompanied by an adult+++
- Concessions (including dinner options) will be available
- SAHS Interact Club will have a Coat check available
- Souvenirs will be available for purchase
Each month our Advisory lessons have a theme! The theme for March is "Daring to be our Best!" Throughout the month students will discuss how they can be their best, why effort matters, goal setting, and much more.
We also celebrate College Week during March. College Week is the week of March 20th. Throughout the course of this week students learn about post-secondary options. Students participate in career kahoot, college March Madness, and staff trivia.
The first Monday of each month is Mental Health Monday. During Advisory students will learn a skill associated with mental health. In March the topic is self-esteem. During the lesson students will discuss what is self-esteem, how to challenge negative thoughts, and building confidence.
Spring Sports for 7th & 8th Grade
Spring Sports begin March 20th.
Our school offers four sports during the spring season: Boys Baseball, Girls Lacrosse, Girls Softball, Co-Ed Track and Field. No previous experience in any sport is necessary, and tryouts are open to all 7th and 8th grade students. Here are a few simple guidelines to help you.
- ALL FORMS ARE COMPLETED ELECTONICALLY on our website. Follow the link - https://indiancrest.soudertonsd.org/athletics/family-id-portal or go to Indian Crest website; click on athletics; look for the Family ID link and fill out all forms there electronically. Doctor’s physicals will need to be uploaded onto that site. If you have any problems with the Family ID Portal, please contact their support team at email@example.com or 1-888-800-5583, ext. 1.
- In order to participate, students must have had a doctor’s physical any time after June 1, 2022.
- There is a section to complete the student activity fee. No fees need to be paid to tryout. When you get to that section, hit cancel and move on. Payment is only necessary after making the team. The current district cost is $175.00 and will cover a student athlete for the entire year. If finances are an issue, the office can address each case on an individual basis.
- If your student has already played a Fall or Winter sport, the forms must be resubmitted online for that sport. In other words, each season of competition requires online forms to be completed. Payment is only required once.
- Any questions or concerns can be addressed to our school Athletic Director, Mr. Rick Hess, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indian Crest Escape Room Challenge Winners
Calendar of Events
3/9 - IC 3V3 Basketball Tournament 4:00-6:00PM
3/10 - No School for Students, In-Service Day
3/15 - 7th Grade Scheduling Presentation 7:00PM
3/17 - IC WEB Dodgeball Tournament 3:00-5:00PM
3/31, 4/1, 4/2 - Spring Musical
4/3 - End of 3rd Marking Period
4/5-4/10 - Spring Break