2020-21 School Year #14 - November 9, 2020
Don't Delay, Sign Up Today!
Everyone is a Part of the Beginning Teacher Community
Originally offered as the Beginning Teacher Community for teachers in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of service, MAISD is expanding this workshop series to include any teacher who would like to engage with other teachers in strengthening new and modified instructional practices to support remote, hybrid, and face-to-face teaching at any grade level. Monthly Virtual Series 11/18/20; FREE, SCECHs available Learn More and Register
Tell Your Parents
- Virtual Parent Mentor Training 11/17-19/20 for families of children with special health care needs, cost $25, participants to receive $50 gift card
- Now you can explore the Hackley & Hume Homes virtually; walk through the homes and learn all about their history
- Arts Midwest is offering FREE concerts via Facebook (see featured event below)
Get Your Learning On!
- PowerSchool Special Programs (MiPSE) - Section 504 Staff, virtual course, FREE, 1 SCECH
- CPI & TCI Community of Practice 2020-21, 2nd in 3-part series 1/14/21; FREE
- School Social Work Community of Practice 2020-21, 3-part series 1/14/21; FREE
- Schools (TCIS) Train the Trainer Training 5-day series begins 3/1/21, $2,300, 35 SCECHs
Don't Miss This!
Arts Midwest World Fest
Facebook Concert Premiere: Paulo Padilha (Brazil)
Thursday, November 12, 2020 8:30 PM
Arts Midwest is bringing World Fest, an international virtual cultural concert series, to Muskegon! Catch the samba swing of Brazil with master musicians Paulo Padilha e Bando on November 12 at 8:30PM. View the concert at the MAISD Arts Education Facebook page.
Cool Clip to Share with Friends
6-year-old Sam shares a little inspiration about what kids can be when they grow up as he raps about careers A through Z!
There's an App for That!
Stay in touch with us! Use the MAVIN Health Checker, see the latest professional development, view countywide school news, and access staff directory information. Receive messages instantly from the MAISD concerning events, school closings, and other time-sensitive information.