Montana Catholic Schools Weekly
June 1, 2015
Superintendent's Annual Report
For the final newsletter of the 14-15 school year, I thought I would share my own Annual Report. Every week, I publish my schedule and mileage. This is my attempt to put it all in perspective.
· St. Andrew’s (Helena) and St. Labre Elementary & Middle Schools underwent successful school visits last fall
· Billings Central Catholic HS conducted a three-year revisit this spring and St. Joseph’s is submitting a three-year progress report.
· We currently have 8 schools engaged in self-study this year in preparation for a WCEA visit next year: St. Matt’s, Butte Central Elementary, Holy Spirit, Pretty Eagle, Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Francis, Loyola Sacred Heart Elementary, and Sacred Heart Elementary. Those visits have all been scheduled and teams have been mostly set. In addition, Butte Central HS will have a one-day revisit.
· I attended the fall WCEA commissioners meeting in Las Vegas on September 15th & 16th.
· I attended the spring WCEA commissioners meeting in Las Vegas on May 4th-6th.
· I chaired 3-day elementary accreditation visits in San Diego (March) and Boise (April).
· I was able to attend CACE (Chief Administrators of Catholic Education) in Albuquerque, NM, October 25-29.
· I was able to attend a one-day Pacific Institute seminar in Philadelphia on March 14th.
· Last fall, we held our Old Testament classes in three locations October 15-17. This is the 3rd year of our Marian classes to provide our teachers with instruction in the faith. Teachers received either OPI clock hours or signed up for graduate credit.
· Next year, we have scheduled our New Testament classes October 14-16
· We held a statewide principal meeting in Bozeman on September 11th. We have scheduled another statewide meeting in Livingston on June 11th.
· November 18-20, we held regional meetings in Missoula, Great Falls, and Billings.
· January 12th & 13th, we held three teleconferences for principals.
· March 23-25, we held regional meetings in Ashland, Great Falls, and Missoula.
· I helped conduct the principal search at St. Mary’s in Livingston. We were fortunate to hire St. Labre HS teacher Catherine Kirchner to the post. Our Lady of Lourdes hired Sarah Zook to be their new principal.
· I am currently helping Billings Catholic Schools with their search for a new president and a principal for St. Francis Intermediate.
· Billings Catholic Schools: 14 visits, 6 School Board meetings
· Butte Catholic Schools: 8 visits, 2 Advisory Council meetings
· De La Salle Blackfeet School: 7 visits
· Great Falls Central Catholic HS: 16 visits, 4 Advisory Council meetings
· Holy Spirit (Great Falls): 10 visits, 2 Advisory Council meetings
· Missoula Catholic Schools: 28 visits, 10 Advisory Council meetings
· Our Lady of Lourdes (Great Falls): 7 visits
· Pretty Eagle Catholic School (St. Xavier): 1 visit
· Sacred Heart (Miles City): 4 visits, 2 Advisory Council meetings
· St. Charles (Pryor): 2 visits
· St. Jude (Havre): 3 visits
· St. Labre Indian Schools (Ashland): 7 visits, 4 Board meetings
· St. Mary’s (Livingston): 9 visits, 2 Advisory Council meetings
· St. Matthew’s (Kalispell): 4 visits, 1 Advisory Council meeting
· St. Paul’s (Hays): 3 visits
Thank you for your part in making this my most interesting year in education (by far!). This is a great state, a great system of schools, and I’m grateful for this position.
Dr. Tim Uhl, Superintendent
The Week Ahead
Monday: office (morning) & Butte meetings
Tuesday: office (Helena)
Wednesday: Billings meetings
Thursday: Great Falls chancery meeting
Friday: Great Falls Catholic school system meeting (Great Falls)
This week: 934 miles
Last week: 641 miles
2014-15: 47, 972 miles