From the Principal.......
The 4 quarter stretch is sometimes a tough one! There's a lot going on, with no scheduled out of school breaks. It looks like we might have made it through the year with no snow days (Knock on wood). However it is time to gear up and be prepared for severe weather season. Please review tornado procedures with your classroom. Ms. Wood will be conducting tornado drills very soon as a refresher.
Speaking of Atomic Learning....we've done some data analysis and have noticed that our top ten users have actually been our Support Staff! Great job! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to furthering your skills and contributing to our success! A complete list will be posted in the office conference room!
The training listed below is optional, but very informative. As you all have learned, classroom management with 1:1 technology can be different. This is great training and tips for you!
Classroom Management in 1:1 and BYOD Classrooms
- Classroom Management in 1:1 and BYOD Classrooms
- C. Lesson Setup for Success
- LMS use and lesson structure: Moodle™ type programs
- LMS use and lesson structure: Google™ Classroom
- Keep your lessons bundled (TedEd, Blendspace)
- Balance screen time with teacher time
- Use programs you can control: Nearpod, ClassFlow™
- Virtual group work
- How can flipping my class help?
- Active monitoring: Software and non-software monitoring
- Tips for notetaking without distractions
- Secure testing on devices
- Tips to avoid cheating
- What if something doesn't work?
- E. Resources