St. John-Emmanuel Lutheran School
"Sharing Christ through Academic Excellence"
Week of March 4, 2019
School Calendar of Events
March 4- Current family re-enrollment begins
March 6- Ash Wednesday
March 15- End of 3rd quarter
March 18- New family enrollment begins
March 18-29 IREAD test window for 3rd grade
March 19- School board meeting @ Flatrock 7pm
March 22- Report cards go home
March 30-April 7- Spring Break
April 16- School Board meeting with e-learning discussion
May 1- Early Childhood Open House 4:30-6:30pm
May 3- Spring Concert
May 31-Last day of school
The Lenten Season Begins Wednesday March 6th
This week we are praying for...
Randy/Amy Schlaudroff & Chase/Brooke
Nick/Lisa Schmidt & Nori
Laundry Soap Money Due Friday, March 1st-- Please get orders/money in ASAP!!!
Yearbook Pictures Needed
19-20 Re-Enrollment Starts Monday
Just as you did last year, you will go to what is now called FACTS Family page and go to enrollment/re-enrollment and re-enroll your kids that way. DO NOT fill out a new application if you are a current family with no new kids to enroll. If you have new children to enroll, those you will go through the application process. The rest of your kids will be re-enrollment only.
I sent home to all families this week a financial worksheet along with some other information that gives you an estimate of what your tuition bill could look like next year. As always, it is still an estimate until all scholarships etc have been awarded. The scholarship figures used in there now are based on what you were awarded in 18-19.
If you are planning on applying for an SGO or School Choice scholarship, please send me the first page of your 1040 sometime in March. There is a new process to apply for an SGO. For next year you will apply for an SGO online and just send me the 1040 to upload for you. The website will be available in early April. Watch for more details to come.
If you have questions about the process, please don't hesitate to ask Amy in the office or myself.
- The carnival is still looking for volunteers for the Spring Carnival. Whether you need volunteer hours or not, please consider signing up to help. There is still plenty of spots that need to be filled. Please encourage family and friends to volunteer also as we are only asking 1/2 hour of your time. We also are encouraging 7th & 8th graders to volunteer for games also. Here is an easy link to do so: http://signup.com/go/XFPpqJj
- Room parents: Carnival baskets need to be finished the week of March 18th-22nd before spring break.
- Still in Need of 2 big dog cages for the animal rescue game. Email Stephanie Foster at email@example.com
- All Parents: The PTL will need a carnival chairperson for the 19-20 school year. If you are interested, please talk to Stephanie Foster if any questions or concerns
- Carnival Setup will be Friday April 26th at 6pm
Volunteering at SJE
Please note the info in bold below and see where you might be able to help/volunteer. If you have not yet volunteered this year, please consider doing so.
**Please note that your volunteer hours this year (18-19) will reduce or eliminate up to $400 of the tuition increase/student set for the 19-20 school year.***