ECLP (East Cardiff, Llanedeyrn and Pentwyn) Communities First - Digital Inclusion Champion
ECLP Communities First is a registered charity to help the most poverty and deprived areas become more prosperous, healthy and educated.
They are looking for ambitious, helpful and computer savvy people to become Digital Inclusion Champions.
This role is perfect for people looking for experience in delivering sessions and working with local community members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist in the delivery of the class
• To advertise and promote the classes where possible
• To assist in one-to-one support for more specific needs
• Complete timesheets for evidence of volunteered hours
• Complete engagement forms if met with potential participant
ACE Cardiff - Volunteer Tutors / Teaching Assistants
Charity based in Cardiff Bay with projects supporting the communities of Cardiff.
● Volunteers aged 18+ are needed for 3 hours+ a week in a after-school learning workshop run by this charity which supports the learning of primary and secondary age children from Butetown and the surrounding areas of Cardiff.
● Two three-hour sessions are run on Friday evening and Saturday morning covering Science, English and Mathematics.
● Volunteers with teaching experience and A-C grades at A level will be considered immediately as tutors.
● Aspiring teachers and those who merely want to give their time will fill the important role of teacher assistant.
● Induction and training are carried out on the job.
● CRB checks will be obtained and references are required.
See Science - School Science Ambassador
See Science seeks to support the teaching and learning of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects in Wales within a real world context.
They are looking for volunteers for their STEM Ambassadors Programme:
● The STEM Ambassadors Programme enables anyone with science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills to inspire young people and demonstrate the possibilities of STEM subjects and careers.
● The occupations of STEM Ambassadors are very wide ranging, including environmental scientists, chemists, civil engineers, marine biologists, medical physicists, pharmacists, apprentices and energy analysts to name but a few.
● Anyone who uses STEM skills, and is willing and able to excite young people about STEM subjects, can apply to become a STEM Ambassador.
Oasis Cardiff - Volunteer Support Worker
Oasis Cardiff is an organisation that aims to help Refugees and Asylum Seekers to integrate into their local community in Cardiff.
● Looking for volunteers with an excellent command of English who could help with CV support, job searches, form filling and some phone calls re hospital appointments etc..
● They provide weekly cookery sessions, various women only sessions, craft sessions, gardening club, bike club and language classes as well as a range of other activities.
ChildLine - Schools Service
ChildLine is the charity providing a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen.
They need volunteers who will visit primary schools in their local area and deliver empowering assemblies and workshops to 9-11 year old children.
● These are designed to give children the confidence to talk about different types of abuse including bullying, offer support to friends and ask for help if they need it.
● Volunteers will be working in pairs in primary schools in the Cardiff/Vale area.
● Training is provided and consists of online training modules, followed by a 2 day face to face training course.
The Pyramid Project - Pyramid Club Leader
The aim of Pyramid clubs is to provide children with a fun, positive experience, in a group, offering them lots of new experiences and the opportunity to develop friendships.
● They are therapeutic activity clubs that are specially designed for children in primary schools who are quiet, shy, anxious, isolated, withdrawn or finding it difficult to make friends.
● The clubs are for children aged 7-9 years and run once a week for 10 weeks after school.
● Volunteers are also needed at transition clubs for children aged 11 years who are about to attend high school.
● Clubs run in the summer at their high school for 3 hours a day for 1 week to ensure they have a smooth transition.
● Previous experience is not required. DBS checks and references required.
3rd Annual Chinese Chinese New Year Celebrations at Cardiff Central Library
Saturday, Feb. 8th, 11am-4pm
Come and learn about Chinese culture with free fun activities for all ages including:
● Dragon dancing,
● Story time,
● Tai Chi,
● Lantern Making,
● Tea Tasting,
● Art Exhibition,
● Language Tasters,
ACE Cardiff benefit fundraiser
Sunday, Feb. 16th, 4pm
1st Floor, 113 / 116 Bute Street, Cardiff Bay, CF10 5EQ.
On February 16th, ACE Cardiff, the Butetown charity is holding a benefit fundraiser for their Learning Club.
The event will be held at “Sunflower and I”, a newly opened flower shop on Bute Street. The evening includes a flower arranging presentation, an art exhibition and portrait commission auction, a classical music recital and light refreshments.
It takes place from 4pm onwards and tickets are £10. The proceeds go towards supporting ACE Cardiff’s Learning Club that supports the learning of 7 to 16 year old children in Butetown, Riverside and Grangetown.