February 12, 2021
Hybrid Learning Model Update
If you selected a hybrid learning model option for your student in Pre-K through Grade 3, please begin working with your child now in preparation for coming into the building.
- All students (Pre-K and up) MUST wear a mask for the entire time they are on campus and on a CCSD bus. We highly encourage families to begin with having your child wear their mask during distance learning for a short time during sessions on Tuesday, and then add more time each day until your child is able to properly wear their mask for their entire school day without it being a distraction. CCSD Mask Video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1356336218204561411
- Teach and practice good hand hygiene with your child by practicing hand washing throughout the day.
- Students will only use materials assigned to them. Practice with your child how to make a request for something and be sure your child practices only using materials assigned to them.
- If your child will be eating school meals, consider picking up meals from school now to practice how to open items included in a school meal. Milk cartons and fruit cups are especially difficult to open and often result in spills. Getting some practice in before March 1st will help facilitate lunch time and will help reduce spills.
- Water fountains will be closed. Students will need to bring a water bottle with them to school. Practice using a water bottle (opening, drinking, and closing) along with the wearing of a mask.
- Social distancing at all times will be expected. Practice maintaining personal space and observing 6' of social distancing whenever possible.
- Prepare for checking your child's health daily and make a plan for what will happen if your child is not able to attend school on a day they were scheduled for school. Daily Student Health Review Information: https://sites.google.com/nv.ccsd.net/lwjes-online/hybrid-distance-info#h.3609nhnoncps
- Effective March 1, 2021, our school will no longer be a CCSD Food Service Deployment location. Only middle school and high schools will service as food deployment locations.
- We currently anticipate sharing teacher and cohort assignment information early next week (2/16-19/2021) for students in Pre-K through Grade 3 after receiving District authorization.
- We also anticipate having information about updated schedules and routines available later next week.
- Depending on finalization of details, we may schedule live sessions (with recordings) to share information as well next week. We will continue to share information throughout February.
As a note, distance learning schedules remain in effect for all students through the end of February.
No School - 2/15/2021
Kids Heart Challenge Now Running!
- Program Runs Online 2/5 through 2/19
- View the Kickoff Program here: https://eduvision.tv/l?ememOtA
- Sign up at heart.org./khc
- Video Demonstrating How To Sign Up: https://0373-wiener-es.eduvision.tv/Share.aspx?q=3SfVi13wT7Rx9rbtB6v0Wg%253d%253d
- Certain incentives will be available at the building during the fundraiser. Mr. Koppelman has shared information with PE classes!
LWJES Lunch Bunch Information
The link to the LWJES Lunch Bunch will be available in Clever (icon will have a smile emoji). Teachers will also remind students on their day about LWJES Lunch Bunch. Students must be logged in to their CCSD Google account to join.
- Tuesday (2/16/2021)
- K & 1 - 11:20 to 11:55
- 2 & 3 - 11:55 to 12:30
- Wednesday (2/17/2021)
- 5 - 11:20 to 11:55
- 4 - 11:55 to 12:30
PTA February Meeting
Our school's website with a collection of resources for digitally-supported education.
NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
Monday, Feb. 15th, 8:30am-4pm
This is an online event.
NOTE: Food Service distribution is closed today.