Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Dec 6
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Congratulations to the Wind Ensemble on a fantastic performance at the Grapevine Parade of Lights!
- Band placement recordings are due SUNDAY. Every students is required to submit a recording on Canvas.
- An in-person rehearsal schedule will be released along with the band placement results next week. All students in the band program will have in-person rehearsals in the spring semester.
- Congratulations to the 19 students who advanced to All Region Phase 2. Phase 2 recordings open tomorrow.
- Freshman Region Auditions also open tomorrow.
- ALL Mustang Band students will perform in the Winter Concert on Dec 10. The concert will be recorded and shared with families. There will be NO live audience. Itinerary for Dec 10.
- The GHS Band Boosters will be holding a TOY DRIVE the day of the concert-info on the Dec 10 Itinerary above.
- The Mustang Guard had a great Winter Workshop and is still accepting new members. Please share this information with friends and have them contact Mr. Draper!
H-E-B is a Corporate Sponsor of the UIL and has its annual H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence opportunity. Nominees must have the following submitted to https://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/ by no later than Feb. 3, 2021:
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months
- Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A Short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: “What does Community mean to you?”
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be March 9, 2021. Please make your students and/or support staff aware of this opportunity.
Get your football tickets for MPS
They will be limited to 4-tickets per transaction.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.