CES Weekly Buzz March 21, 2016
From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey
The VARSITY SHOP IS NOW ONLINE!!!!!
WE ARE IN FIRST PLACE!!!!! #CULVERPRIDE
2 Weeks Left in the Spirit Challenge! There's still time to shop in our Culver Community Schools online spirit store to help us WIN & deck out our campus with even more spirit!
3 Month Spirit Challenge!
Hi Culver Community Schools' Supporter!
Don't worry - there are still 2 weeks left in the Spirit Challenge, so there's still time to stock up on trendy Culver Community Schools' Spirit Gear to help our school WIN avenue banners for our campus, or other great prizes!* There has been lots of movement on the leaderboard, so this is anyone's game!
The current standings are:
- Culver Community Schools
- Tri-City Christian School
- Shadow Creek High School
- Goshen High School
- Westview High School
- Gulf Shores High School
- Wheeler High School
- Bishop Montgomery High School
- Mater Dei Catholic High School
- St. Martin of Tours
Shop, spread the word, and help us WIN! Plus, every purchase builds school spirit and supports school programs!
Gear Up at Culver Community Schools' Varsity Shop Now: varsityshop.com/ccsc_culver_community_schools
Your Friends at Varsity Shop
Powered by Varsity Brands
*The 3 Month Spirit Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 thru March 31, 2016. The Varsity Shop that has the most sales in their Online Store during this timeframe will receive (5) FREE AVENUE BANNERS! Second prize wins 100 spirit t-shirts (white, one-sided, one-color print). Third prize wins 250 4x4" school logo decals.
Dates & Meetings to Remember...
- 3/21- Read Across America
- 3/21 8:30 3rd Grade ISTEP Practice Test
- 3/21- 1:00pm Admin Meeting- Proskey
- 3/21- 2:30 A.W. (504) Proskey, Daugherty
- 3/21- 3:15 Textbook Adoption Meeting in DLL
- 3/21- 7:00 Board Meeting
- 3/22- 10:30 G.S. (ACR) Proskey, Young
- 3/22- 12:00 E.M. (ACR) Proskey, Kinney, Smith
- 3/22- 1:40 A.S. (Move-In) Proskey, Young, K. , Elliott, L.
- 3/22- 2:30 J.B. (OT EVAL) Berndt, Proskey, Kinney, Thompson
- 3/23- 10:30 Tornado Drill
- 3/23- Box Tops Party
- 3/23- 1:40 B.M (ACR) Proskey, Cowen, Shafer
- 3/23- 2:30 M.S. (ACR) Proskey, Daugherty, Kinney
- 3/25- 1:00 All School Movie in Gym
- 3/25- R.E.A.D. Party
- 3/25- Make-Up Day for 2/24 (School In Session)
- 3/28- Spring Break Begins (March 28th-April 8th)
- 4/1- Intersession Begins (April 4th-April 7th) 8am-12pm
This Week's Menu (Mar.14-Mar.18)
- Breakfast-Apple Bosco Stick/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Chicken Sandwich w/ Fries/ Potato Bar
- Breakfast- Mini Bagel/ Cereal with String Cheese
- Lunch- Sliced Ham w/ Scalloped Potatoes/ Salad Bar
- Breakfast- Eggstravaganza w/ Toast/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Sausage Gravy w/Biscuit/ Potato Bar
- Breakfast- Breakfast Pizza/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Cheesy Breadstick with Corn/ Bologna Sandwich
- Breakfast- Omelet w/ Toast/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Macaroni and Cheese w/ Green Beans/ Pizzaburger Sandwich
This Week's Sporting Events
6th Grade Future City Competition
Future City Engages Kids in Engineering and so Much More....
The Future City Competition is a national, project-based learning experience where students in 6th grade imagine, design, and build cities of the future. Students work as a team with an educator and engineer mentor to plan cities using SimCity software: research and write solutions to an engineering problem; build tabletop scale models with recycled materials; and present their ideas before judges.
The teams will meet on Tuesdays from 3:05 to 4:15 in the Science Lab with Mr. Daugherty.
Dates of the Meetings will be 3/1, 3/8, 3/15 & 3/22.
Blessings in a Backpack Needs Packing Volunteers!!!
If you would like to help volunteer packing Blessings Backpacks, please see times and dates below.... (it usually takes about an hour)
Please mark or update your calendars to reflect the following times and change of time:Sunday, April 3 set up @ 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 6 packing @ 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 11 set up @ 4:30
Thursday, May 12 packing @ 4:30 pm
All set up and packing is done at Culver Bible Church, 718 S. Main Street in Culver.
Dianne, Stephanie and Tracy
Blessings in a Backpack Coordinators
Literacy FOCUS of the Month
NEW! Fluency FOCUS (April)
Comprehension FOCUS (March)
Writing Connected to Texts FOCUS (February)
Vocabulary FOCUS (January)
The purpose the Literacy Focus of the Month is to provide guidance to administrators and teachers for supporting a monthly, school wide instructional focus based on best practices and research-based strategies in literacy. This "user-friendly" support tool will assist districts and schools in the implementation of reading instruction in classrooms across multiple grade levels, as well as different subjects/content areas. The topics in this newsletter range from policies and procedures to the five essential components of reading as identified by the National Reading Panel. The material is devoted to strengthen administration and teacher content knowledge by focusing on one topic each month. Although the monthly focus will highlight and supplement a specific procedure or skill, it is impossible to teach the components in isolation; therefore, the Literacy FOCUS of the Month should serve to present a school-wide shared commitment to literacy.