by: Jordan Browning
What is swimming?
the sport or activity of propelling oneself through water using the limbs
How do you swim butterfly?
How do you swim backstroke?
- Keep your legs close together and kick from the hips rather than the knees.
- Keep your ankles relaxed and your knee slightly bent on the downbeat.
- Kick as hard and as fast as you feel comfortable. Sprinters may kick up to six beats per arm cycle whereas longer distance swimmers will typically use less.
How did you swim breaststroke?
The breaststroke is without a doubt one of the most popular swimming strokes. In fact, many recreational swimmers are perfectly happy using this swim stroke all the time. Because it is so popular, we consider it as one of the basic swimming stroke.
How do you swim freestyle?
- Head Position. Body position in the water is the most important component to swimming efficiently, and the position of your head dictates the position of the rest of your body. ...
- Reach Forward. With each stroke, make sure you are extending your arm to its maximum length.