Early Childhood Newsletter
ESC Region 7 August 25th
At a recent ZOOM meeting with TEA's EC Division (K - 2nd), we were asked to share the following information:
- Kinder Diagnostic Tool Waivers must be submitted to TEA by 9/30.
- TEA does not anticipate issuing any additional waivers or relaxing any HQPK or Literacy Diagnostic requirements.
- Remote Assessment options are provided by CLI and mCLASS.
- Questions about the 1st-grade BOY? See the last paragraph.
Links to important TEA EC Webpages:
EC Educator Resources - Links to multiple sites and requirements
Data-Driven Instruction in ECE - this is your site for all PK - 2nd Diagnostic Tools information and updates
High-Quality Pre-K Components: See the HB 3 webinars and presentations
PK "Additional Qualification"
District and Site PD & Coaching
- Asynchronous session (3 - 6 hours)
- Online PD and/or Coaching ( 3 - 6 hours)
- Virtual coaching (3 - 9 hours)
- Onsite PD and/or coaching (following established safety protocols)
Free - CLI CIRCLE Pre-K Curriculum
EcoLand has PK & K Science Covered!
EC Specific Sessions
- 8/27, 3:30, 1st/2nd Teacher Collaboration
- 9/4, 12:30 p.m. EC Curriculum
- 9/10, 9:00 a.m. Building A School Family
- 9/22, 3:30, PK/K Teacher Collaboration
- 9/29, 3:30 1st/2nd Teacher Collaboration
- 10/2, 12:30 Tackling Challenging Behavior in EC
September Online Courses:
- PK & K Effective Procedures, Routines, and Transitions (3 hours)
- PK Social & Emotional Domain - PD & Coaching (6 hours) (We will focus on a different PKG domain each month)
- Sentence Segmenting & Compound Words (1 hour) (Part 1 in a Phonological Awareness series)
As we transition to a new registration system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any difficulties registering for our courses.
K - 2 Data Documentation in DMAC
DMAC invites you to attend one of their virtual training sessions and explore how to utilize DMAC to create and manage student documentation in a digital format. This can be done for all grade levels, but we will specifically focus on a few ideas for our early grades K-2.
Free Virtual Training Sessions on how to enter and track early childhood data! Seats are limited so please RSVP!
Administering the Literacy Diagnostic Tool to First Graders
All incoming first graders who were not screened for dyslexia as kindergartners in the 2020 EOY window, must be assessed with the approved 1st-grade literacy Diagnostic Tool BOY (TPRI, mClass, Fastbridge) within the first 20 school days. The resulting data should be examined, and appropriate decisions made on an individual basis (intervention, evaluation, etc.).
Additionally, the Universal Dyslexia Screener (embedded in the MOY) must be administered to all first graders by January 31st. However, there should not be a delay if a disability, such as dyslexia, is suspected earlier.