Date: August 18, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
Ready or not, here they come! It's hard to believe we are on the eve of the start of a new school year. We appreciate your hard work these past few days. Your classrooms look great, and our families were very excited at "Meet the Teacher". We look forward to working alongside each of you in our Professional Learning Community and doing all we can to benefit all of our kids. We wish you all the best year yet. Enjoy and spread joy in the days ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Related Arts: Tomorrow, August 19, will be a Red day. 1st-5th grades will need to take their students to the gym. Admin will welcome back and talk with the students for the first few minutes. You may pick them up from the regular Red day schedule at the end of related arts.
- Afternoon Dismissal: Thank you to those who have sent Mrs. Mabry your students afternoon transportation list. Please reach out to any parents that you have not heard from on how they are supposed to go home in the afternoons. The office will help fill in the gaps, but any help you can provide is appreciated. Our school is much larger now, so we need to get it down to a reasonable number.
- PLC's: We will not begin our PLC meetings until the week after Labor Day.
- Lunch Schedule: Please be in the cafeteria at the beginning of your scheduled lunch time.
- New Staff Birthdays: If you are new to the staff this year and want your birthday included in the Weekly Colts Roundup, please send Peter the month and day.
- Facility Monitoring: The district often times rents out our facility to the public. When this happens, they ask for a staff member of that school to open, close, and monitor the event. It pays $36 dollars an hour. It's a simple task and would allow you some time to work in your own room. Right now we are looking for someone for two events: Scouts Night from 6-9 on August 27 and Springview Meadows HOW meeting from 6:30-8:30 on November 7. Please let Peter know if you are interested in working either event.
Becky Pille, 8/19
- August 19: First Day of School
- August 21: Faculty Meeting at 2:45 (It'll be brief.)
- August 23: Independence Day
- August 26: Gradebook Setup during Related Arts
- August 28: Staff PD on Responsive Classroom & Logical Consequences at 2:45 in the MC
- August 29: Grade Level Math Intervention Meetings during planning
- September 2: Labor Day - No School
- September 4: Faculty Meeting at 2:45