The Deadly Disease
What Causes Cholera?
How is Cholera transmitted?
What are the symptoms Cholera?
In these few people, rapid loss of body fluids leads to shock and dehydration.
How is Cholera treated?
1. Re-hydration Therapy- primary goal of treatment
2. Antibiotic Treatment- reduces fluid requirements. (Used in severe cases)
3. Zinc Treatment- helps improve cholera symptoms for children.
Ways to prevent getting Cholera!
2.Eat foods that have been well cooked and/or still hot.
3. Eat fruit that you have peeled yourself.
Interesting facts about Cholera!!!
2. There was one horrible case of cholera in Haiti after the 'Largest Urban Disaster' in modern history occurred. It was a 7.0 magnitude Earthquake (January 12 2010) and the water got extremely polluted.
3. Filippo Pacini discovered cholera, but he wasn't given credit until 82 years after he died.
4. James K. Polk (the 11 president of the U.S) died of cholera about 3 months after his presidential term ended.