LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
March 14-18, 2022
Please be aware that the end of the grading period is this Friday, so it is very important that your child has all their assignments completed and turned in. We will host a working lunch opportunity on Friday for students who might need that last opportunity to get assignments turned in. Please check Skyward to see your child's grades and encourage them to attend morning- or after-school help to bring any low grades up before the end of the nine weeks.
LCMS Track Concession
We need parents to sign up so that we can run concession stands at the Track Meets. Please help so we do not have to close them down due to no volunteers.
We need help in our concession stands, so please look at the times and see when you are able to help. We do not want to close the concession stand during track season due to not enough help, so PLEASE consider helping.
I truly appreciate it so much!
Miracle Pennies Campaign for Children’s Miracle Network
March 7 - March 11
Color War, 8th Grade-Red, 7th Grade-Blue, 6th Grade-White Students can wear their grade level color. They can dress up from head to toe in their color. Students will pay $1 for dressing up. They can go crazy with their hair, colors, and shoes.
Bring Your Spare Change. Students bring their spare change. First period teachers will take up their money.
Disney Day $1. Students can wear Disney costumes.
Grade Level Lunch Competition. Students will bring money to put in their grade level bucket during lunch! The winning grade level will get an ice cream or popsicle party during lunch after Spring Break.
Pirate Pride Day 2-4pm
Dodgeball Tournament and Concession Stand
~Dodgeball Team Fee $10/team, 5 people/team
MATHCOUNTS provides engaging math programs to US middle school students of all ability levels to build confidence and improve attitudes about math and problem solving.
The Competition Series has 4 levels of competition—school, chapter, state and national. Each level of competition is comprised of 4 rounds—Sprint, Target, Team and Countdown Round. Altogether the rounds are designed to take about 3 hours to complete.
Anna Josephine Butts
National Ranching Heritage Center Award (cash)
We are so very proud of these students who have advanced to state with their projects. They have worked so very hard. Good Luck at STATE!
Colton Zellitti & Camren Colley
TMSCA State Qualifiers
A BIG congratulations to our LCMS TMSCA team!!!!
The following students have qualified for the State Competition in San Antonio on the April 2:
These students did an amazing job at the qualifying meet and many of them qualified in more than one event! This is the largest number of students that LCMS has ever taken to the State Meet! Please help us congratulate them around school when you see them.
Coaches: Jennifer Watson and Chelsea Bullock
Lubbock-Cooper Education Foundation
2020-2021 School and Federal Report Cards Now Available
Below are letters explaining how to access the LCHS School Report Card and Federal Report Cards for the current school year on the LCISD website.
One Week Calendar of Events
Miracle for Pennies Campaign:
- Monday, March 7 - Grade Level Color Wars (8th-Red / 7th-Blue / 6th-White) - $1.00
- Tuesday, March 8 - Bring your spare CHANGE
- Wednesday, March 9 - Disney Custom Day - $1.00
- Thursday, March 10 - Grade Level Lunch Competition - Bring those bills!
- Friday, March 11 - Dodgeball Tournament -$1.00 entry fee
Wednesday, March 9 - Cheer Tryouts
Thursday, March 10 - Girls Track at Chapman Field (5:00pm)
Thursday, March 10 - Boys Track at LCMS Track (5:00pm)
Friday, March 11 - End of 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period
Friday, March 11 - Cheer Try-Outs Posted on Webpage (4:30pm)
Monday, March 14-Friday, March 18 - Spring Break
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:15 AM.
- First bell rings at 8:10 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:40 AM are counted as an absence for 1st period.
- Any early check out by parent before 3:35 PM will be counted as an absence for 8th period.
- If your student is ill, please EMAIL in by 9:00 AM.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
* Excused and Unexcused absences will count toward being able to exemption final exams for the Spring semester. S days do not count toward attendance when determining exemption criteria.
Please note, students will LOSE spring exam exemption status due to any of the following:
- The student has four or more tardies in the class the student wants to exempt
- The student has three or more absences in the class the student wants to exempt or one or more unexcused absence (U-U) in the class a student wants to exempt
Please take the time to fill out this form as we have so many awesome teachers.
Click her to view teacher's webpages. You can find school supplies list and other information.
Dress Code Policy
How to contact us.
Question about absences, please contact
806-863-7104 ext. 4014