155th Issue, August 25, 2023
August 29 - 6th grade parent/guardian informational meeting at Camp Wyman
August 30 - Hixson Band plays at Cardinals game, 1:15 pm
September 4 - Labor Day, No School
September 11 - Late Start Day, school starts at 9:40 am
September 27 - Changing by the Minute documentary screening, 6pm
September 25 - Late Start Day, school starts at 9:40 am
What a lovely first week of school!
A Microsoft commercial was filmed at Hixson this summer!
Chromebook Rollout has begun!
- $25 Chromebook insurance fee is paid.
- All fines must be paid.
- Online registration is complete.
Please log in to the parent portal to check and pay fines and to complete online registration.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about fines/fees/insurance, please contact email@example.com.
$25; Cash and check also accepted. Make checks out to Hixson Middle School. Submit cash or check payments to Sarah Magruder in the Main Office.
Ensure that we have the most updated emergency contact info, phone, text, and email for your family!
Please read the handbook in it's entirety and reach out to your student's grade level principal if you have any questions.
Reminders about Dismissal Procedures
Morning arrival seems to be going okay, so I have just a few reminders about dismissal. If you are picking your child up from school in the afternoon, we kindly ask that you follow our dismissal procedures. Dismissal takes longer when we do not have your full cooperation. It has been very hot this week, making it very difficult to endure a prolonged dismissal (for staff supervising dismissal and for students on buses waiting to be dismissed) due to lack of cooperation.
During dismissal, please be sure to take note of the following:
- Please be kind and courteous to ALL Hixson staff and students.
- Please do not wait in front of the building for your student to exit. We need you to keep moving forward. Your student will find your car in line and enter your vehicle from wherever you are in line. When parents/guardians refuse to move forward, it takes a longer amount of time for us to move cars off of city streets (ie: Ambrose, Colebrook).
- Students exit the building from the Main Entrance AND the Cafeteria/Student Services Entrance.
- Cars are not allowed in the bus lanes. Please do not attempt to make a left turn into the bus lanes.
- The flow of traffic is one way. It is not two lanes in front of the Main Entrance. One way, one lane traffic while in front of the Main Entrance helps us keep our students safe when they cross the street to board the buses or walk home.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Hixson Spirit Wear is now on sale! Proceeds will help students in need go to Camp Wyman!
Hixson Middle School Attendance Procedures
How do I report attendance?
- You can call 314-963-6450 to report an absence, early dismissal, and/or late arrival.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to report an absence, early dismissal, and/or late arrival.
- Please follow the prompts to get to the correct person.
To whom should I report my attendance?
- Students with a last name that starts with A-L will report absences, early dismissals, and/or late arrivals to Mrs. Ramay.
- Students with a last name that starts with M-Z will report absences, early dismissals, and/or late arrivals to Ms. Hicks.
- Parents should not enter the building to sign their student in.
- Park in front of the Main Entrance in front of the Library.
- Your student should enter the building and come to the Main Office to sign in.
- After signing in, your student will be given a pass to class.
- Please let us know as early as you possibly can if you need to pick your student up early. This will give us plenty of time to locate your student and get them out to your car. If you wait until the last minute, then please expect to wait 15 minutes or possibly more for us to locate your student and get them outside to your car.
- If you need to pick your student up early, please do so by 2:50 pm. Any early dismissal request made after 2:50 pm will be asked to wait until 3:25 pm. Early dismissal processes are not to be used to get ahead of the regular dismissal traffic.
- Parents should not enter the building to sign their student out.
- Park in front of the Main Entrance in front of the Library.
- Call us at 314-963-6450 and follow the prompts to get to the correct administrative assistant according to your last name.
- Your student will be called to the Main Office, and if you gave us plenty of notice, then your student will already be waiting for you.
- Your student will sign out on a Chromebook, exit the Main Office, and walk out to your car.
- Your student will not be dismissed to anyone who is not in SIS.
Camp Wyman Informational Meeting
School Pictures - Make Ups & Retakes - Oct 2, 2023
Picture make-up/retake day will be October 2, 2023. The portal for pre-orders is now open! Wagner has moved to 100% paper-free ordering! Any family that does not have online access may call our convenient toll-free number to place an order over the phone!
ONLY ONLINE ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Please do not bring checks, cash, or order forms to school as they will no longer be accepted.)
Online Pre-Order Password: 2D2Q5T9S
Can’t order online or have other questions? We are happy to help! 314-567-5900
Changing by the Minute Documentary Screening-Save the Date!
Team & Department Newsletters
updated every 2 weeks
O'Brien (ELA), Childress (ELA), Lopez (SS), Meyer (Science), Gulve/Skoglund (Math), Cochran (SSD)
Reyes, Garcia, Pangelinan, Downey, Hennekes, Hake, McMahon, Cochran, Walters, Maguire, Mullin, McGuire
Mahacek (Band 6), Stevison (Band 7/8), Tokos (Band 7/8), Grubb (Orchestra), Pursley (Choir & Music Discovery), Hannel (Art), Conners (Drama)
Schroeder (Gifted Social Studies), Wetter (Gifted Social Studies), Reichold (Gifted Fine Arts), Marks (Gifted Fine Arts)
Warneke (Spanish), Norman (Spanish), Hudson (German & World Languages), Spangler (German), Nazemi (French)
Burton (FACS), Hertlein (FACS), Hayes (Sustainability), Davis (Makerspace & Robotics), Mason (Computer Science), Kramer (Engineering), Doner (Industrial Tech), Rachal,R. (Digital Multimedia Arts & Thrive, Jr.)