The Mata Memo
September 21, 2021
Greetings Mata Families!
I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather that showed up this week! We've had a great week of teaching and learning so far!
Here are a few reminders for what's coming up:
Students are taking the beginning of the year exams for all grade levels, this information will help your teacher in designing a plan to help your child grow academically this year.
We would also like to remind everyone that school begins at 7:45 AM. The tardy bell rings at this time, and all students arriving afterward are marked tardy for the school day. Please work to ensure that your child arrives at school on time.
Lastly please remind the children to wear their masks to school daily.
Thank you for your continued support of Mata Montessori!
Tomeka Middleton Williams
Please read the memo carefully for information regarding:
- Calendar at a Glance
- Middle School Broadcast
- Join Book Club
- Fam Jam Event
- Cub Scouts
- Student Bus Bulletin
- FCNS Shortage
- Parental Needs Assessment
- Mata Montessori Theatre Shirt Flyer
- Free Home Internet
- Attendance Awareness Month
- Tutoring Waiver
- Campus Visitor Procedures
- Uniform Assistance
- How to Access Powerschool
- Uniform Policy and Reminders
- Student Technology Updates
- Dallas ISD Safety Protocols
- Mata Positive Staff Referrals
- and, much much more!
Join Virtual Book Club!
School Lunches Impacted by Supply Chain Shortages
Unprecedented food and paper good supply chain shortages may cause changes to Dallas ISD school menus with little or no advance notice. Until the supply chain issues are rectified, it may not be possible for the district to serve the scheduled menu each day at every school throughout the school year.
Food and Child Nutrition Services is working tirelessly to procure foods, paper goods, and other needed supplies. Students will always have meals to eat. although what is served on a given day may not precisely match our printed/planned menus.
We ask for your assistance in sharing this information with your local campus community. Thank you in advance for your continued support, and for your patience and understanding as we navigate these challenging times.
Seussical Musical Auditions!
We can't wait for the production!
Check out the Modern Band Class as they Play Guitars this week!
Check out the posters from Primary E for Education Go Get It Week!
Parental Needs Assesment
Please complete the following link:
Support Mata Montessori's Theatre Department - T-Shirt Order Form Below
Free Home Internet
Students who are without home internet have the opportunity to apply for a high-speed free home internet connection for the 2021-2022 school year.
The application deadline is Sept. 30th, and families can visit https://tinyurl.com/dallasisdinternet to apply.
A home wired internet connection provides more reliable internet service than mobile hotspots.
Need help or have questions?
Call the Dallas ISD Connectivity Hotline at 972-925-6000.
Please be reminded that the following is not allowed:
- Leggings, tights, or yoga pants
- Jeans are only worn on Fridays with a spirit shirt (no rips/holes)
Technology Support Centers
Dallas ISD Updates for Campus Visitors
While Dallas County is in Level Red, campus visitors and volunteers will not be allowed. We will use virtual meeting options to limit campus visitors. All visitors who enter the building will be required to wear a face covering and those who proceed beyond the reception area will follow specific guidelines for visitors.
Visitor Screening/PPE Requirements
Please self- screen before entering any Dallas ISD facility. If visitors have COVID-19 symptoms, or are lab confirmed with COVID-19, they must notify the campus and remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry.
All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face masks.
Visitors will stand behind the shield guard installed at reception desks or recommended 6 feet distance.
Any individuals permitted to proceed beyond the reception area must follow all safety and campus protocols.
Parent curbside pick up of students and materials
Meal Viewer- Meal App
Food & Child Nutrition Services (FCNS) is pleased to announce "MealViewer" a new and improved platform to showcase student menus. MealViewer is packed with new features and benefits!
Meal Viewer provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web and through our mobile-friendly app, MealViewer To Go, for your smartphone.
- Allergen Safety — Create personalized safety profiles for each student by selecting their allergens. Get alerts each time that allergen is on the menu!
- Fun Feedback — Students can rate their favorite meals.. .and receive alerts the next time their favorites are served!
Signing Up is easy!
1 . Go to schools.mealviewer.com or download the mobile app and register for a free account. MealViewer WILL NOT open in Internet Explorer. Please copy the link and paste it into Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.
2. Create a personalized profile for you and your students by first selecting their school.
3. Next, set up your student's profile by selecting any allergens he/she has. Students can also choose their favorite meals/foods. Students will receive notifications every time any of their favorite meals are served, and any time that any of their allergens are in any food on that day's menu.
Mata Montessori School's Vision and Mission
Vision Statement: To provide an academic foundation which allows our students to be successful life-long learners.
Mission Statement: To provide an authentic Montessori education by focusing on educating the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally for all children.
Mata Montessori School's Key Actions
- Maintain a climate and culture that fosters academic excellence.
- Improve quality of instruction and student achievement through an aligned Montessori curriculum.
- Actively engage parents in education in meaningful and relevant ways.