The Barkley-Johnson Bulletin
Week of March 16th-20th
What are we learning?
ELA: It is review time for EOQs. We are breaking our block into Writing and Review time, and will be reviewing a different standard from the 3rd quarter each day this week.
Math: We will be finishing learning about decimals to the hundredths place, then will be moving into EOQ review.
Tuesday, March 24th- Reading EOQ
Wednesday, March 25th- Math EOQ
Thursday, March 26th- Writing OnDemand Assessment
Check out these pics from our exciting day last Friday!
Read Aloud Day with NY Giants football player Robert Malone
Read Aloud Day with Ms. Johnson's brother Jake
Read Aloud Day with Robert's Dad Mr. Pastor
- Thank you so much to those that volunteered to come read to our class this past Friday. The students really enjoyed your stories! Also, thanks to those that came to volunteer at our Roman Adventure Day. We had so much fun participating in activities that went along with our Mythology Unit.
- We would like to begin having one guest reader come each Friday to read to our classes. The kids enjoy it so much and it is such a great example for them to see you as adults reading! Please email Ms. Johnson to let her know if you are interested!
- Each week in Reading class, students complete a packet of activities to learn vocabulary words. The program we use is called Wordly Wise. There is a test at the end of the week where Ms. Johnson has allowed them to use their word lists to help them out. This week, there will be no word list to help! Please encourage your students to study their words each night to prepare for Friday's test.
- Mrs. Barkley is in need of sandwich size Ziploc bags and colored pencils. Any donations are greatly appreciated.
- Outer Banks attendees: Our final payment is due no later than next Friday, March 27th. Also, some important forms will be sent out this week. Please stay on the lookout and send them back ASAP!
- Oh! I'm sure many of you are wondering... We are not having to make up any of the school days that we missed for snow! :)
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Thursday, March 19th:
Mother/Son Bowling Night
- Tuesday, March 24th:
Chick Fil A Night
- Wednesday, March 25th:
- Thursday, March 26th:
Writing OnDemand Test
Evening with the Arts
- Friday, March 27th:
Final Outer Banks Payment Due
Biography Facebook Project Due
- Monday, March 30th-Monday April 6th:
- Tuesday, April 7th:
Outer Banks Parent Information Meeting
- Wednesday, April 8th-Friday, April 10th:
OUTER BANKS TRIP!