The Viral News!
By Lili and Anam
Basic information about deadly viruses.
How a virus infects a cell?
First, it attaches to the host cell. Next, it injects RNA or DNA into the cell. The genetic material of a virus takes over the cell. Then, the host cell begins to make virus parts. Next, the virus parts are assembled into viruses. Lastly, the viruses break free from the host cell.
The virus hides in the host cells chromosomes until it becomes active and uses the host cells organelles to reproduce.
Viruses are very small compared to their host cells.
Viruses are not considered living organisms because they do not have any cellular structures, they do not eat this have no metabolism. They cannot reproduce on their own, cannot more or preform respiration. But viruses evolved from cells in the past!
The HIV virus
- Some symptoms of HIV are Fever, Fatigue, Swollen lymph nodes — often one of the first signs of HIV infection, Diarrhea, Weight loss, Cough, Shortness of breath.
- HIV is spread mainly by having sex or sharing injection drug equipment such as needles with someone who already has HIV.
- It is considered a fatal illness. It takes about 10 years for a person to develop HIV into AIDS, without treatment. The disease itself does not kill the person, but the inability to fight off something as minor as the common cold!
- There is currently no cure for HIV/ AIDS, but you can take a drug to strengthen your immune system to stop HIV developing into AIDS.
- Don't share needles or have sex with someone who has HIV/ AIDS.