World War 1
the biginning to the end of WW1
Why it started
- Nationalism, the love of country and the desire to have that country free from the control of others.
- Alliances forming to get new land.
- Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated by a man from Serbia.
world war 1 pictures
new technolgies and weapons used in the war
- Poison gas and gas masks.
- Airplanes were turned into a weapon to drop bombs and fire machine guns, new technology.
- Tanks were another new weapon that crushed barbed wire and shot its machine guns at the enemy without getting hurt by the enemy.
- Submarines or U-boats were used to shoot torpedoes at enemy ships.
how it ended
- The battle of Meuse Argonne was a huge battle won by the Allied powers wich led to the final defeat of the Central powers.
- On November 11, 1918 the Central powers surrendered.