What is a lawyer?
A lawyer is there to advise & represent individuals, businesses and government agencies on legal issues and disputes.
Duties of Lawyers
- To advise and represent clients in court, before government agencies and in private legal matters.
- Conduct research and analysis of legal issues.
- To have facts in written and verbal ways to present to the court.
- Makes it easier to understand the law, or to clear up things.
- Prepare legal documents, lawsuits, wills, deeds, contracts and appeals.
Information from Speakers
- There should be a good reason to divorce someone and not because you just don't like them anymore.
- Adoption can happen in two different forms
- Co-parenting for so long, and the other parent hasn't been apart of their life. And the step-parent has raised the child.
- Or adoption through an agency.
- Working with young children can be hard because they aren't sure how to voice themselves. They don't want to get in trouble from either parent that is trying to win over custody.
Information from the Movie
- Don't start out doing stuff that has a lot to take on.
- Some cases will be a lot harder and will require a lot of time to get everything set up well, with all the facts and evidence.
- There will be some cases that can not be won.