Fleming Flyer 5/14/21
May 17th-21st: Team Endeavor SBAC Testing
May 24th-28th: Make-up SBAC testing
May 31st: Memorial Day, no school
June 2nd: Parent Information Night for Incoming 4th grade families (Virtual)
June 4th: Placement letters sent home
June 9th: 5th Grade Maple Street Park Day
June 14th: Step up day for 5th graders heading to ADL
June 14h: 4th Grade Maple Street Park Day
June 15th: Move up day for 3rd and 4th grade students
June 15th: Last Day of School (full day)
5th to 6th Transition
- June 14th: 5th to 6th move up day @ ADL
- Students will walk over in two groups and will find out their placement at ADL. ADL will send letters to families after move up day with student placements. Students will be walking to ADL and we will be adjusting lunch times to allow for this to happen. Students will go in two groups, one from 10:45 - 11:15, and the other from 12:00 - 12:30. There will be bus transportation provided for students unable to walk.
3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th Placement & Move up Day
- June 4th: Placement letters will be sent home to all incoming students and for 4th to 5th placement.
- June 15th: 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th move up day 9:00 - 9:30.
- Students will meet their new teachers and incoming students will get a tour of the building.
Our current 5th grade students will participate in other activities here at Fleming on June 15th while 3rd and 4th grade students are meeting next year's Teachers.
Maple Street Park Dates
- June 9th: 5th grade day at Maple Street Park (pool and locker rooms available).
- June 14th: 4th grade day at Maple Street Park (Pool and locker rooms available).
- Be on time to school.
- Try to have your child go to bed a reasonable time, so that they are well rested
- A good healthy breakfast will help fuel the mind
What's Happening Around School
Tween Center News
Here is the May registration form if you want to sign your youth up for more activities or change your response.
If your youth is new to our program and you have not completed the consent form, please do.
Next Week's Activities!
On Monday we are mixing up our fitness activity with Bonk and fitness.
Tuesday is a creative drawing activity where we will draw ourselves as animals. Whether it's an animal that you love or feel you relate to.
Wednesday is Chef's Club and they are making crepes with a cinnamon apple filling! Chef's Club is open to all ages.
Next Thursday we are welcoming back Jana from Nightmare Vermont to talk about what goes on behind the scenes at their events from makeup, to set design. Jana also always has fun stories to share about the best scares and can give insight into why it can be healthy to be scared consensually. The Nightmare Vermont call will from 5:00 - 6:00 PM.
Friday is another fun craft where we will paint rocks!
TeenLine Information Referral Service:
TeenLine is here to connect youth and families to the services and resources you need. Give us a call if you need help finding a food shelf, summer camp, or if you are a youth that just needs someone to talk to.
Give us a call Monday through Friday from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM and the staff will be happy to help.
Toll Free: (855)-273-8336
Call or Text: (802)-316-8126
Outlet is for LGBTQ+ or questioning youth and allies. The group is a safe place for youth to talk about what is going in their lives and ask questions about gender identity or LGBTQ+ topics in an age appropriate way.
Outlet meets on Thursday from 6:00 - 7:00 PM.
Arrangements to drop off clothing can be done through our Howard Center Clinician Ali Fallon at Afallon@ewsd.org or by calling the office.