VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
March 18, 2016
- Thursday, March 24 - Report Cards
- Friday, March 25 - Good Friday - NO SCHOOL
- Monday, March 28 - 8th Grade Parent & Student Meeting @ 6:00 at VAHS (more information below)
- Monday, March 28 - Parent Cheer Meeting @ 6:00 in the VAMS Library (for parents of girls who would like to tryout for 7th & 8th grade VAMS cheer)
- Tuesday, March 29 - 7th Grade Writing STAAR Test & 5th and 8th Grade Math STAAR Test
- Wednesday, March 30 - 5th and 8th Grade Reading STAAR Test
- Thursday, March 31 - GT Field Trip -Dallas Arts' District for the Urban Adventure Scavenger Hunt
- Thursday, March 31 - Van Alstyne Education Foundation Gala @ 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 1 - Star Card Recess/Gym Time During Advisory
No School on Friday, March 25
Teacher of the Month
STAAR Testing Calendar
Closed Campus for STAAR testing
5th & 8th grade parents - STAAR Pass to promote information (read below)
Attention 8th grade students
*More information in the flyer below.*
Free Breakfast Opportunity
VAEF Denim & Diamonds Gala
Immunizations - ATTENTION 6th GRADE PARENTS
In 2009, the State of Texas began requiring specific immunizations for all 7th graders.
The immunizations that incoming 7th graders need are:
1. Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis containing vaccine (Tdap): All students entering the seventh will be required to have a booster dose of Tdap only if it has been five years since their last dose of a tetanus- containing vaccine.
2. Varicella (Chicken Pox) : All students entering the 7th grade will be required to have 2 doses of varicella vaccine. The 1st dose must be received on or after the 1st birthday.
3. Meningococcal Vaccine (Meningitis) : All students entering 7th grade will be required to have one dose of meningococcal vaccine.
If your child has already had these immunizations, please send a copy of the immunization record from the health clinic or physician. It must include the month, day and year as well as validation by physician or public health official.
*Immunization records must be received before schedules will be released for the 2016-2017 school year*
Immunizations are available from your family physician, the Grayson County Health Department 903.893.0131, 515 N. Walnut Sherman, Texas, Collin County Health Department 972.548.5000 N. McDonald St, Mckinney, Texas or local medical/rural health clinics. Please call the health department for hours and availability.
If you have a medical or religious reason that conflicts with these requirements, please contact the school nurse. Information on obtaining a conscious exemption can be found at the following website:
Corey Adams, LVN
Van Alstyne Middle School
All state requirements may be found at www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize
Track Meet: Monday, March 21 @ Whitewright
Lost and Found
Click this button to access the Volunteer Approval Form. We appreciate our volunteers!