How are they trained?
When are they trained? How long is the training?
- Training normally begins around 12-14 months of age.
- Lasts 16 weeks.
- Trained to respond to different household sounds.
- Teaching the general location of where the sound is coming from.
- How to tell their owner about a sound.
- Responding to doorbells and cooking timers
- Responding to fire sirens and smoke alarms
- To respond to hand and voice signals/commands
- To not get distracted easily
- To follow orders
- To follow and alert there owners