May 7, 2023
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thank you to all of our amazing teachers for everything you do for our students and faculty!
Absent Students for Friday May 5
Friday was an unusual day with many being picked up from school early. Please bear with Mrs. Hawkins as she works through the long list and updates PowerSchool.
Below is the volunteer form for testing. Please let me know if you think anything needs to be changed or added otherwise, please send it out to parents.
-All STAR reports should have come home with your student. The only exception would be students who missed the STAR due to an absence.
Rising 6th Grade Band
Rising 6th grade registration for the Margaret B. Pollard band program is open! Band is a class during the regular school day at Pollard and does not interfere with sports or other school clubs/activities. All 5th grade students going to Pollard are eligible to take band regardless of ability or financial status. Students interested in band must start in 6th grade. Register in the month of May! The band instrument rental meeting will take place on June 1st. Join the Disneyland of school! Become a Bandalorian! All band information and registration forms can be found at tinyurl.com/mbpbandpros
Final School Dance/8th Grade Social
When: May 19th from 6-9 pm
**Students must be counted as present for the school day in order to attend the dance. Students should not be checked out before 11:45 on the day of the dance.
**For Students to participate in the final dance of the school year, students must demonstrate positive behavior. Students that have accumulated 5 demerit points for the second semester, will be ineligible to come. Students receive 2 demerit points for each In School Suspension and 3 demerit points for each Out of School Suspension
Schedule for the Week (5/8-5/12)
-Spring Band Concert @ Seaforth HS (7pm)
-Band Field Trip
-Spring Musical @ MBP's Multip Purpose Room (7pm)
AIG News Letter
Our AIG Department is wanting to share with you what is going on in AIG. Click HERE IS THE LINK to access the AIG News Letter.
Message from our Booster's Club
- Harris Teeter Fundraiser - 4/29
- Thank you to those students who volunteered, the families who supported them, and others in the Pollard community that came out to our fundraiser.
- Volunteers from baseball, volleyball, women's soccer and the band collected over $1100 in donations.
- These generous donations will go towards supporting Pollard's arts, athletics, and after school clubs!
- Concession Volunteers Needed - Spring Musical, Spring Concert & School Dance
- Have a student in a club, in the band or on a Pollard team?
- Concession proceeds support our arts, athletics and after school clubs and adds to the school spirit at each event.
- We need parent reinforcements to feed our hungry students at these three remaining school events:-) Sign-up is here.
- Summer Basketball Camp - August 7th-10th (9am-12pm)
- The Booster Club has partnered with Youth Hoops to offer a co-ed summer basketball camp at Pollard.
- Ages: 10-14
- The registration link is here and cost is $168.
Message From the PTA
!!!!!!CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!!!!!
We need your help to give the teachers a little break this week!
PLEASE CONSIDER SIGNING UP FOR A LUNCH SHIFT THIS WEEK!
Sign up below
LUNCH NOT AN OPTION?
We’ve got some other opportunities for you!! Sign up to work at the thrift shop! It’s an easy way to earn money to buy things like sound systems and needed classroom supplies! Just sign up below!
FINALLY TAKE A SECOND TO RECOGNIZE THE TEACHERS!
Write a little note on the kudos board!