Tashua Family Weekly Update
Mrs. Neumeyer, Principal
September 3, 2021
Dear Tashua Families,
We had an amazing first few days of school! Our staff did a phenomenal job preparing for our students arrival. As soon as the children entered the building, they quickly filled the hallways with laughter, cheer and excitement for a new year of learning. I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to make sure your children were so prepared for school. It was a pleasure to see big smiles on the students’ faces; all of them displaying an enthusiasm for learning!
I would also like to thank the parents who have volunteered to help us over the summer and this week. This extra support will help us to start the year successfully!
- Shannon Diaz, Kiran Chhablani and Chris Solustri for meeting with me to discuss PTA and Fathers' Club plans for the 2021-2022 school year to support our students and our staff
- Erin DelRossi for organizing a delicious welcome lunch for our staff and to all of the parents who sent in yummy desserts! This was much appreciated by all of us!
- Frank Squiccimarro, Shannon Diaz and to everyone who helped at the New Family and Kindergarten Playdates on the Playground.
- Frank Squiccimarro, Dana Dombrowski, Liz Caskin, Diana Franco, Stephanie Jarrin,
Shane Trepel, Maureen Decker, Jessica Mooney, Valeria Jarrin for helping our kindergarten students and new students to Tashua find their way to their classrooms in the morning and back to the buses in the afternoon.
As the year progresses, I hope you will join us for the community events that have been scheduled. Next Friday, September 10th our PTA and Fathers' Club will be hosting a family picnic at Tashua School from 5:00 - 7:00 PM. You can bring a blanket or use the picnic tables that are available in the courtyard so your family can enjoy dinner. This has been a long standing tradition at Tashua School which has always been enjoyed by all!
The following Tuesday evening, September 14th, it is our pleasure to invite you to attend this year’s Back to School Night for parents and caregivers. In order to make this a safe event for parents and our staff, we are limiting attendance to one adult for each student and following the town ordinance of wearing a mask. Additionally, as space is limited in the classroom, we request that children not attend. We look forward to seeing you and sharing more about the exciting plans we have for our year supporting our students in their learning. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. While you are attending Back to School Night, you will have the opportunity to sign up for the PTA and Fathers’ Club and to learn more about the programs they sponsor for our students during the year. Further, you will also have the opportunity to sign your child up for Cub Scouts or Girl Scouts.
Finally, If you haven't done so already, please take the time to fill out the TPS volunteer form for the 2021-2022 school year. In the interest of child safety, the Trumbull Public Schools runs a security check on people interested in volunteering in our schools. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this form and drop it off at Tashua School so it can be processed. All submitted forms need to have an original signature, therefore forms can not be emailed or faxed. Further, ALL the cells of the form need to be completed or the form will be returned. For example, father's maiden name needs to be filled in with N/A.
I thank you for your continued support and I look forward to working with you during the 2021-2022 school year to continue to build on the safe and positive school community that we have created for our students. I look forward to seeing you at Back to School Night on September 14th.
Monday, September 6
No School; Labor Day
Tuesday, September 7
No School; Rosh Hashanah
Thursday, September 9
Friday, September 10
Family Picnic; 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Tuesday, September 14
Back to School Night
- Grades 3 - 5; 6:00 - 6:45 PM
- Grades K -2; 7:00 - 7:45 PM
Thursday, September 16
No School, Yom Kipper
Thursday, September 23
PTA Meeting; 7:00 PM
Updates and Reminders
Tashua's Picture Day - Ordering School Photos
Tashua’s Picture Day is scheduled for Thursday, September 9th. This year, Trumbull Public Schools will be using Robert Taylor Photography and online ordering is as simple as a few clicks!
Please use the link: Tashua Photo Prepay valid thru Sept. 17th and enter your child’s first and last name, select package and check out.
Please note the following:
- Students will be able to remove their masks for their individual photos. Whole class group photos will not be taken.
- Photo ordering can only be done online, there are no paper order forms available.
- Some WIFI networks may block access to the site. If you have any trouble logging into the site, please try from another location.
- After September 17th, families who did not order photos will have the option to order from a proof card but pricing will be higher as photos will be shipped directly to the parent’s address provided.
- If there are siblings in the same school, then you may enter the next child's name after placing the first child's package in the cart. The system will ask if you have another child's order to place.
- Robert Taylor also offers the 3rd child free package for the district for Pre-K thru 11th grade (Seniors are not included). If there are 3 siblings in different schools, you may prepay the first and second child's orders in each school's prepay. Email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the studio at 203-377-0739 to get the 3rd child free.
Updates from our PTA
Welcome back to school Tashua families! Your PTA has been hard at work this summer planning a great year for our school. We can’t wait to see you at the Back to School Picnic on Friday September 10th from 5 to 7pm at the Tashua playground. More information about the picnic is included below.
2021 – 2022 Executive Board Members:
Shannon Diaz, President
Kiran Chhablani, Treasurer
Susanne Carew, Secretary
Lisa Stein, VP of Fundraising
Denise Altro-Dixon, VP of Membership
We Need Volunteers!
We have a very full calendar planned and will need lots of parent volunteers to make the year successful. Please take a moment and complete the below interest survey with volunteer activities including the opportunity to co-chair a committee. More specifics will be provided closer to the date of events, but if you are interested in hearing more about opportunities please complete the form at the link and someone will contact you: https://forms.gle/w2Box7zKemfREZsi8
Please note a separate sign-up will be sent for 5th Grade activities. The chairs will work with room parents to ensure that all 5th grade parents are included in the opportunity to volunteer during their children’s final special year at Tashua.
Join the PTA!!
You can help make wonderful programming for our community happen by joining the PTA and paying annual membership dues. If you haven’t done so already, please join our PTA! You can access membership by using the link:
Some of things that membership dues pay for include:
· Recognition of staff throughout the year with breakfasts and lunches
· Activities and goodies for staff during staff appreciation
· Grade level activities, including a number of activities for the 5th grade
· Supplies for Teachers
· Professional Development for Teachers
· Folders and assignment books for students
2020-2021 Financial Summary
Check out what your financial support of the PTA does for our community. Thank you for joining the PTA, donating and attending events that benefit our school! Please click the link to view our 2020-2021 summary:
Upcoming PTA dates:
- Friday 9/10: 5-7pm, Back to School Picnic: Come join the PTA and Father’s Club for a picnic. You can bring your own dinner or the This n' That food truck will be available with lots of yummy items to purchase.
Please use the link below to view the menu and see ordering information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jt312Y3-0115EGlHJyL5zzCq8IsdUf3h/view?usp=sharing
- Thursday 9/23 – 7pm, PTA General Meeting: Tashua Learning Commons and via Google meet. Agenda and links to distributed soon!
- October 8th – 22nd, Fall Catalog Fundraiser: Support your PTA and accomplish some holiday shopping. More info to be distributed closer to the date.
- October 18th – 22nd, Scholastic Book Fair: More info to be distributed closer to the date.
- The PTA is planning to return to a “normal” calendar of events this year. We are excited to host Holiday Boutique, Tashua’s Got Talent and the Spring Fair again this school year! In addition to our exciting school events, we are planning a springtime Read-a-thon fundraiser in addition to the Fall catalog fundraiser referenced above.
Some of things that membership dues pay for include:
Recognition of staff throughout the year with breakfasts and lunches
Activities and goodies for staff during staff appreciation
Grade level activities, including a number of activities for the 5th grade
Supplies for Teachers
Professional Development for Teachers
Folders and assignment books for students
Our PTA registration for the 2021-2022 school year is already up and running! Please use the link below to join and access your membership: