Independent Study Updates
Individual student meetings resumed this week. Students should be focused on completing assignments and getting back into the swing of school.
The ISP classroom is a great place to complete assignments and receive support. The classroom is open daily from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM unless I notify you in advance that I need to close the classroom for a meeting.
As a reminder, you can log into your Infinite Campus portal, choose your home school from the drop down menu and click on reports to view your transcript. The link to the Infinite Campus portal is below. Fall semester ISP courses and home school courses are posted on transcripts. Fall semester college courses are posted on transcripts, but the grades are listed as Independent Study courses. The SUHSD IT Department is aware of this and is working on entering these courses as college courses.
Infinite Campus Portal
You can view your community college grades for the fall semester, and your spring semester schedule through your websmart account. Your user ID is your G # and your password is your 6 digit date of birth. To see your grades, select student records and click on view final grades. To see your spring schedule, select registration and click on class schedule summary spring 2018.
Community College Grades and Schedule
Math Tutor Available
Wednesdays and Thursdays 11:00 AM- 1:30 PM
Math Tutor Available
Math is fun! Especially when I work with the tutor!!!
Math Tutor Available
If you are behind in Apex or if you need help come for math tutoring!
New Concurrently Enrolled Community College Students
Good for you! You are making a choice to earn high school credit while also earning college credit. This is a wise decision. Please ensure your success by:
Reviewing the information in the document below. You should already have a printed copy of this information, and I sent it to you via email also.
ADDITIONAL REMINDERS FOR ALL CONCURRENTLY ENROLLED ISP STUDENTS
- College courses taken become a permanent part of your college transcript. Talk to me if you are struggling or need additional support. You can succeed.
- Bring me a copy of your course syllabus the first week of school. You may need to print this from your Canvas account. I will keep the copy in your student file for reference.
Students must return the SUHSD College Textbook Policies and Agreement form signed by both the student and parent. If you chose to pay for your own college textbooks you do not need to return this form.
All rented textbooks must be returned to the college bookstore before May 24, 2019. If you miss this deadline the credit card on file will be charged the full amount of the textbook cost.
Upcoming Parent Workshops
Important Dates, Upcoming Holidays and Classroom Closures
January 14 College Classes Begin.
January 15 The classroom will be closed until 11:30. I have an appointment.January 21 MLK Day No ISP or college classes.
February 3 Last Day to drop a community college course without a W on your transcript.
February 15 Lincoln's Birthday No College Classes.
February 18 President's Day No College Classes.
February 18-22 Mid Winter Break for SUHSD ISP. The classroom will be closed.
Note that community college classes will take place from February 19-22 Students taking college courses must attend their classes.
March 6 Flex Day No College Classes. The ISP classroom will be open.
March 29 Flex Day No College Classes. The ISP classroom will be open.
April 1-April 5 Spring Break for College and SUHSD. The college and classroom will be closed.
April 25 Last day to withdraw from a community college course with a W on your transcript.
May 18-24 Finals Week for Community College Classes
May 27 Memorial Day No ISP Classes
May 31 ISP Graduation
June 7th Last day of ISP
Seniors and Senior Parents- Class of 2019
- Most seniors have completed American Government and begun Economics. If you haven't finished Government, please do so this month! If you have finished, make sure you turn in your very expensive American Government textbook. Bring it to our next meeting please.
- If you haven't yet completed the FAFSA, please do so.
- By now most of you have made a decision regarding post high school plans. If you applied to a 4 year college, make sure to keep up with required deadlines and due dates. Open your college portals and keep abreast of requirements. I strongly suggest you check your portals a couple times a week.
- If you intend to enroll in a community college, you should spend time reviewing websites of the various colleges you are considering and make sure you are aware of their application requirements and deadlines.
- Students who intend to enroll as full time community college students at Cañada College may apply now. Concurrently enrolled students must reapply as high school graduates.
- Cañada College offers a Promise Scholarship for all full time students. This scholarship pays fees, registration and for textbooks. Additionally, students who attend PEP (Priority Enrollment Program) are allowed to register early for their courses. The links below will assist you with this. Once we settle into the semester Cañada ambassadors can assist students as well. Information about all of these programs is available in the classroom. Please not that the Promise Scholarship link will not be available until March.
- If you plan to participate in your home school graduation ceremony it is your responsibility to pay attention to required deadlines and keep up with senior meetings. Information is posted on school websites. PLEASE review the information and let your counselor know you intend to participate. You need to read emails from your home school as well. Remember, you will not be able to participate in any senior activities if you have fees or fines due. Please make sure you are cleared.
- The class of 2019 Independent Study Graduation will take place on Friday, May 31st at 1:00 PM. It will be held at the District Office on James Ave. in Redwood City. More details will be available soon. I will order caps/tassels for students to keep and we will rent gowns for our celebration. Our graduation is a very special celebration. We hope to see all of our ISP students there celebrating our graduates.