Girl Scout Troop 2219
ENCAMPMENT is coming!
ENCAMPMENT Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Friday, Feb. 5th, 3:15pm to Saturday, Feb. 6th, 4:15pm
97 Columbia Drive
1. MEET: We will meet at the Marina Parking area at 3:15 P.M to depart by 3:30 P.M. Given we have 13 girls coming, we will need a little time to get the girls to their carpools.
2. CARPOOL: Your daughter will join her chaperone for her assigned carpool. Due to limited time and safety in the parking lot, there will not be time for girls to run around the lot. Chaperones are: Athena, Cindi, Rene, & Susan.
3. PROBLEMS: If you have any trouble on the day of, simply text me at 727-656-9438.
4. PICK-UP: We plan to leave camp Dorothy Thomas by 3:30 and hope to be back at the Marina between 4:15-4:30. We will send a group text to keep you aware of our arrival time.
Camp DOROTHY THOMAS Details
Camp Dorothy Thomas Info:
Camp Dorothy Thomas in Riverview (southwest Hillsborough County about 25 miles from Tampa) offers more than 220 acres of beautiful campgrounds with a vast range of amenities and activities to participate in while there! Campers can stay in cabins or bunk houses. We will find out about our sleeping quarters at encampment.
DON'T FORGET YOUR SWAP HATS!
Swaps are still the perfect way for Girl Scouts to meet each other and promote friendship. Each one is a memory of a special event or Girl Scout Sister. Girls will be trading their SWAPS with other Girl Scouts at Encampment. Please make sure she remembers to bring her hat, and make sure her name is on it! Text Athena if you do not have a hat.
UPDATES to the Camp List: Warm sleeping bag(the light princess-type sleeping bags may not keep your daughter warm),
Suggested equipment for camping:
- Sleeping Bag, Pillow, Pajamas
- Book for quiet time
- Nighttime comfort item (stuff bear, etc.)
- Flashlight/extra batteries
- Cup with handle (no water bottles)
- Poncho or raincoat
- Towel (if showering) and washcloth
- Lawn size trash bag
- Bandanas and hair ties (at least 2)
- Bug spray (no aerosol cans)
- Change of clothes (according to the weather), socks, underwear
- Hat or visor, Sunscreen
- Bag for any wet stuff (bath items)
- Comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc
- Small backpack for day use
- SWAPS HAT
- Challenge Course Permission Form
- Badge Design
- Superhero or Pirate outfit
**Girls must have all items stored in their backpacks and be able to carry their other items in hand (pillow, sleeping bag, etc.). Leaders will not be able to assist girls with carrying items.
***Girls will not shower at encampment. Plan to send some toiletry wipes if you feel that is necessary.
***Bring the Challenge Course permission form. It was sent in an email from Cindi.
***Bring your daughters Encampment Badge design. Remember, it is a western theme. Templates were sent in an email from Cindi.
Camp Activities (Friday):
- Check In & unpack
- Dinner with entire Girl Scout community (provided)
- Girl Scout Dance Party (Superhero OR Pirate theme)
Camp Activities Rotation (Saturday):
- Challenge Course
- Obstacle Course
- Lunch (provided)
- Fire Building
- Tent Pitching
Encampment "Superhero" OR "Pirate" Dance Party
Mark your calendars
*Our monthly meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
- February 5 to 6: Encampment
- February 14: Cookie Pick-up
- February 19-March13: Cookie Booths
- March 6: Sweetheart Dance at St. John's Episcopal Middle School