PRJHS Weekly Newsletter
April 20 - April 24, 2015
"It's A Great Day To Be A Wildcat"
9th Grade PARCC EOY Schedule with locations, teacher testing assignment and duties is pictured below. The testing rosters are posted on the share drive and the academic rosters will be completed shortly (Share Drive folder: PARCC - PARCC EOY MAY folder).
As with the March testing updates and changes are to be expected and you will be given the latest information the first day of testing.
The 7th and 8th grade schedules will be coming soon!
- Making sure Common Core State Standards are within your lesson plans (all disciplines).
- List of modifications to lessons for students with special needs.
- Evidence of differentiation of instruction for English language learners and gifted and talented.
Please make sure that lesson plans are posted on Monday, May 4, (Special Ed. teachers included).
Important Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, April 26: JHS Department Meetings
- Wednesday April 28 - Friday, May 1: 9th Grade PARCC testing window
- Friday, May 1: Wildcats In Action dress down day
- Monday, May 4: Random Drug Testing meeting - 6 pm
- Tuesday, May 5: Teacher Appreciation Day
- Tuesday, May 5: Leadership Council Meeting
- Wednesday May 6 - Friday May 8: 7th Grade PARCC Testing window
Students of the Month for March
Rain Barrel Challenge Voting
It has been thought out. It has been designed and now it has been entered. Mrs. Lentini and her wonderful students have once again entered the great Rain Barrel Challenge. Voting has begun and will continue until 4:00 pm on May 1. So make sure to vote for barrel # 12 early and often. The link to vote has been provided below.
Mr. Mullingan's Health Class Project
Mr. Mulligan's idea behind this lesson was to approach this unit on Tobacco and Alcohol with a cross curricular approach that brings together Health and Language Arts.