October 15, 2021
Dear Bobcat Virtual Families,
I want to extend a special thank you to the PTO for organizing the Fall Festival Family Night at Porter's Orchard. We had beautiful weather, and it was exciting for me to meet so many of our BVL families in person!
If you'd like to join the PTO and help plan our next exciting event, you are invited to attend the next meeting on Wednesday, October 20, at 6:30pm. The meetings are all virtual, and the Zoom link is listed below.
We are almost half-way through the first semester, which means you may be wondering how your student is doing. As you know, in Bobcat Virtual Learning, we do not do Marking Period grades; however, teachers will be submitting Progress Reports that give you a snapshot of how your student is progressing. In addition, Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming up in November. See the "Things to Know" section for more details.
It looks like the weather is starting to cool down, so I hope you are able to get outside and enjoy the fall colors! Have a great weekend!
Bobcat Virtual Learning Director
Fill out this form to make an appointment with our counselor, Mr. Hentes.
Things to Know
Here's a link to the next meeting: The meetings take place on Zoom at this location: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8072191939?pwd=M3JGT3JHQzNpNG8waWdvY25ydjN4dz09
Meeting ID: 807 219 1939
- Tuesday, November 9 - 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 10 - 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday, November 11 - 12:30-3:30pm
Keep an eye out for an email with information on how to sign up.
Progress reports have no weight on the final Semester grade and are simply a way to inform you about your student's progress thus far. Students will have plenty of time to improve their grade if they are not currently meeting their goals. Since Parent-Teacher Conferences are the following week, this will give you a great starting point for discussions.
BVL Picture Day & Yearbooks
Stay tuned for information about the exact dates, time, and location of BVL picture days!
BVL Tutoring Services
Here is a link to sign up for tutoring: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UUxIV3F0R1l1TERXfGRlZmF1bHR8ZmQ3MmJmM2RjM2QzNDcwNTZjNWIzNDg4MDdiZTg5MTQ. Find the correct date, click right on the time slot that works for you, and enter your student's information.
As workbook orders are coming in, they are being shipped to the location you selected in your order.
According to Lincoln Learning, the worksheet collections correspond to the worksheets embedded in the objects of each lesson. If you look at the name of the worksheet in the object online, there should be a corresponding worksheet in the physical book with the same title. Here's a video from Lincoln Learning that may help you navigate the worksheets with the online content.
If you would still like us to order print versions of the workbooks, please use our Print Materials Order Form. There is no cost to order workbooks.
National School Lunch Program
In the meantime, we still need your household to fill out and sign the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application. This information is critical in determining the amount of money that our school receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs like Title I A, At-risk (31a), Title II A, E-Rate, etc.
These supplemental programs have the potential to offer supports and services for our students including, but not limited to:
- Instructional supports (staff, supplies & materials, etc.)
- Non-instructional services (counseling, social work, health services, etc.)
- Professional Learning for staff
- Parent and Community engagement supplies and activities
We are asking that you please complete and submit it as soon as possible to ensure that additional funding for our school is available to meet the needs of our students. All information on the application submitted is confidential. Without your assistance in completing and returning the attached application, our school cannot maximize the use of available State and Federal funds.
If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at Grand Blanc Dining Service
(810) 591-6675 or (810) 591-6928.
Who Can Help?
- Main Desk/Technology Help: 810-591-1658
- Enrollment/Grades: Elaina Martinez - 810-591-6391
- Counselor: John Hentes - 810-591-1634 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentors: Elizabeth Ralbusky (last names A-J) - 810-591-6368; Scott Thurlow (last names K-Z) - 810-591-6366
- Coordinator: Kevin Keilitz - 810-591-6375 or email@example.com
- Director: Allyson Walroth - 810-591-6649 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom teachers should all include information on how to contact them on their course. If you have course-related issues, please reach out to your teacher first. They will respond back within 24 hours (during the work week) and can usually clarify things quickly. You can also attend their office hours, which should be listed in their course.