Happenings @ the Hill
Volume 2, Issue 7
You have to add it to your cart using the Pay Fees tab in the right hand corner of webpage.
FLEX This Week
Tuesday - FLEX
Wednesday - Club Day / STAY FLEX / 6th has WEB Day with 7/8 WEB leaders
Thursday - FLEX
Friday - OBOS
Mid-Term Progress Reporting Date is September 18 by 4pm
GHMS APP - NO MORE!
GHMS Spirit Week starts this Thursday, September 12 as we lead up to the Bulldog Bash!
GHMS Spirit week starts on Thursday and will count as one of the challenges for our first Pep Rally SPIRIT STICK!
Thursday - Team Sports Day
Show some love for your favorite team!
Friday - 80's Neon Day
Big colors, big accessories, & big hair!
Monday - Group Day
Get creative with your friends!
Tuesday - Superhero Day
Marvel vs. DC - Who will you be?
Wednesday - Tropical Day (Our Bulldog Bash and Pep Rally Day!)
Every day at GHMS is like a day at the beach!
Please remember to follow our district dress code policy while participating in Spirit Week.
Need access to your student's grades, attendance, meal balance, and other info?
Use Parent Portal - access the link below to learn how to use this tool.
Please note that we do not send home written progress reports. An email alert and this newsletter will include progress report dates encouraging you to check Parent Portal.
If you are having any issues with Parent Portal, please notify Dawn Fite @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates to Remember
September 17 - 6th Grade Band Instrument Night
September 18 - Bulldog Bash / Progress Reporting Date for Q1
September 19 - Band Fall Fundraiser Begins
Armchair One-Time Donation Fundraising Campaign
- This is by far the easiest fundraiser ever with no selling, no prizes and you can help contribute to GHMS all while sitting in your favorite armchair or on your couch.
- With your help this will be our only fundraiser of the year if we have all families donate $75. Any and all donations are welcome and so much appreciated.
- To learn more and to donate online please visit http://www.ghmspta.org or print out a donation form below and send in the form with a check to your student's homeroom teacher.
First PTA Meeting
- Friday, September 13 @ 9 am in the cafeteria
- We'll talk about our budget and plans for the upcoming year - look forward to seeing you!
Deadline for Bulldog Ice Approaching
- Deadline is Friday, September 13
- $21 for the year
- Orders are made online only http://www.ghmspta.org
Sign up to provide treats & snacks for Sept faculty/staff meeting on September 25
Dawg Pound School Store Grand Opening!
- The Dawg Pound will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting on Tuesday, September 10 during all lunches.
- We will offer spirit wear as well as a lot of other fun novelty items and a variety of school supplies.
- Sign up to volunteer by clicking on the link - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0F4CAEAD2EA1FF2-dawg1
Pink Out Shirt orders are coming soon
- Each October Coach Gesell, one of our PE teachers and a cancer survivor, participates in a three-day breast cancer walk. GHMS helps to support her fundraising efforts by having a month-long Pink Out! celebration in October and the PTA will sell T-shirts and have a variety of fun events.
- Pink Out T-shirt orders will be taken online only on the PTA website and and we will be sending home more information early next week. Stay tuned!
Clubs Coming Soon
We are finalizing advisors for Junior Beta Club. Stay tuned.
StuCo is finishing up applications and will be holding elections soon! Contact Amy Rhodes @ email@example.com if you have questions.
Questions about our Robotics with VEX IQ team? Contact Megan McNinch @ firstname.lastname@example.org. An application process and dues are required for this club.
Disc-Golf (every other Tuesday from 3:30pm-4:30pm) - Tentative start date is September 24th. Please obtain a permission form from Mr. Dimaria (room 318) or Mr. Wesseling in the Guidance office.
Chess Club will begin in the Spring (Quarter 3) and will be held on Mondays from 3:10pm-4:30pm in our Media Center. Contact is: Mr. E. Hammond at email@example.com.
MathCounts will begin in October and held afterschool on Mondays. Contact person is Mrs. B. Urban @ firstname.lastname@example.org Meeting scheduled after school for Monday, September 16th 3:15-3:45 for any 6-8 grade student interested in MathCounts. (Room 213)
Hopefully, we will be adding Science Olympiad soon as well.
Need to update your student's pick up list or permit different transportation? Please select the link(s) needed below and complete the form(s).
Please see the attachment below regarding permission for our Nurse to give your student non-prescription meds.
Interested in Playing Softball at the High School?
From Coach Stegall:
There will be an informational meeting for any female student interested in playing softball this coming season at Fort Mill High School on September 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the Fort Mill High commons area. Parents are welcome to attend. We will discuss off season workouts and expectations.
Dr. Jackson is our Athletic Boosters Leader of the Pack. Thank you for your donation to ABC and to our PTA.
Recognizing our PTA business sponsors!
My Vision for Gold Hill Middle School
Gold Hill Middle School will be a school where all students LEARN as a result of our teaching talent and the positive human connection that leaves us feeling safe, loved, valued, heard, and respected. #BulldogsLEAD
· Love to learn
· Engage our minds and hearts
· Achieve our goals together
· Do what we say we are (see note below)
Let’s all be #differencemakers this year!
Do what we say we are - We are Family! Let's make sure we act like it.
At GHMS, we pride ourselves on taking a family/collaborative approach to educating our students. Our teaching teams plan together to meet the needs of the students because we believe “they are ALL our students.” We work collaboratively with our Support Staff, Related Arts teachers, Special Services providers and parents to ensure the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students are being met. However, as with all families, we know that sometimes everyone may not see eye to eye. Should you ever have concerns regarding your student, I strongly encourage you to contact the teacher to discuss. Please do not go to your neighbors, friends, or social media to air your grievances or address something that the teacher or staff member has not had an opportunity to discuss directly with you. We teach our students that everyone has a voice and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, even if you disagree with them. It is the Bulldog Way! This is the same behavior we expect from our parents when dealing with a concern. As principal, my blanket statement is and will always be, the doors of GHMS are open and we want to hear from you. Don’t hesitate to communicate with us. We are a family. We are a team. And, the only way we will be successful and the students will receive the education they deserve is if we work together.