By: Shafqat Rana
Good and Bad Digital Footprints
- Employers as well as other people will judge you based off your digital footprint.
- A good digital footprint means better chance of getting that job you want.
- A bad digital footprint can hinder you in nearly every single way, from not getting a job or possibly even worse.
- To maintain a perfectly good digital footprint is nearly impossible, but you should alwats try your best; act like someone is watching you at all times, because they are.
Details of a Good & Bad Digital Footprint
What Else Does a Digital Footprint Do for Me?
- A digital footprint is used to help track your movements.
- Retailers and product review sites often leave cookies on your system which can track your movement from site-to-site.
- This can help websites put ads of what you've recently been looking at to spark your interest in it back again.
How to Make a Good Digiatal Footprint
- Constanly check yourself, make sure you're making the right decisions online.
- Never harass, make discriminatory comments, or post inappropriate photos on social media.
- Show off your good characteristics online, post positive things on social media.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and don't lie about your qualifications.